Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't pair to Galaxy A8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is very frustrating. After the latest fitbit update, my Charge 2 is no longer pairing with my Samsung Galaxy A8. The app on my phone finds the tracker, then asks for the 4-digit code, but when I input the code, the app fails to pair with the tracker. I have tried everything to troubleshoot this problem only to come to the conclusion that I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FITBIT PRODUCT AGAIN. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @SupergnagnoI  am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback for the Fitbit trackers. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot your Charge 2 prior to contacting us. 

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option.

If you've not done so, I'd suggest to try the following:

1. Remove the Charge 2 from the phone's Bluetooth settings.

2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

3. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

4. Setup your Charge 2 as a replacement.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have tried everything, including what you are suggesting, but the outcome is always the same: my phone finds the tracker but cannot pair. Unfortunately, the warranty expired last year so I am stuck with a product that  is not working. I am very disappointed and will definitely not buy from you again.

Regards, 

Stefano

Best Answer

Hi there @Supergnagno, welcome to the Community Forums. I really appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting your Charge 3 with me. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes