Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 how do I see my blood oxygen levels?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I found multiple websites stating the Charge 3 has a blood oxygen sensor.  Originally they didn't have it activated but they've started activating it recently in a software update.  I bought the watch for this purpose only.  When first turning it on, the firmware updated.  I don't see blood oxygen levels in the app at all.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

It's only rolled out to a few random people so far. See the update from a moderator in the following thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Estimated-Oxygen-Variability-is-live-D/m-p/4042174#M120915

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I just called fitbit support.  They said the reason why I can't see my oxygen levels in my blood is because I haven't gone on a run outside yet using the fitbit.  As soon as I go on a run, it will be activated.  I told him today I walked 2 miles outside... (I lost my car downtown and walked forever to find it).  He said walking outside wont activate it.  I have to be running.  

I totally dont believe him.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You won't know until its try 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surely there are a lot of people with fitbits who for one reason or another can't run. I would have thought that someone with health problems would want that information. 

Is there anything else that can be done to set it up,  any other exercise that would give a similar result? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to wake up every morning at 4:30 and run a mile around my subdivision before I had to get the kids up for school and get to work.  But lately, I can't seem to get myself out of bed before 6:30, which leaves no time for running in the morning.  But I do need to start running again.  I need to lose weight.  When I was running a mile every day, I was loosing weight fast.  Then I stopped running and started eating junk again and gained a ton of weight.  I'm now trying to loose the weight again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Different users are getting different info from Fitbit on this subject. I have noticed a few users reporting that they have been seeing the oxygen durring sleep, while others have reported that it was removed recently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So even if it works, it only tells your oxygen level while sleeping?  I was thinking it was supposed to tell it all the time.  I'm always tired.  I use a cpap at night for my sleep apnea.  When I was a kid, I was in the hospital and was breathing very shallow.  They had me doing breathing exercises to get my oxygen level up.  I've been wondering if I kind of slipped back to breathing too shallow.  Im always tired no matter how much sleep I get.  Even a few years ago when I was running a mile everyday, doing crossfit 3 days a week, and weighed significantly less, I was still always tired.  I hate using a cpap, so a few years ago, my sleep doctor referred me to an ENT doc to find out exactly why I have sleep apnea.  The ent doc stuck a camera up my nose and down my lungs.  I had my tonsils removed as a kid.  But I guess everyone has two sets of tonsils.  So, when you have your tonsils removed, you only get one removed.  You still have tonsils at the back of your tongue.  When the doctor looked at the camera of my lungs, even when I was awake, you could barely see down my lungs.  Only when i talked, they opened up.  He put in a request to have my other tonsils removed, but my insurance company denied it saying there's no proof removing tonsils fixes sleep apnea.  I love how the insurance company thinks they're smarter than my doctor.  So now I'm wondering what my oxygen levels are during the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, it sucks that some people have this feature and some dont... fitbit decides.  I just put my fitbit charge 3 up for sale on ebay.  I found a different smartwatch Garmin Venu that says on its website it tracks blood oxygen saturation as well as stress all day (not just during sleep).  It's much more expensive than the charge 3.  I'm selling the charge 3, a samsung smart watch, and a Microsoft surface (that I never use and thought many times before I should sell it rather than hold onto it and loosing value.)  Once those sell, I'm getting the Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support told one user the rollout is at 10% and when has anyone seen Fitbit release an update all at once*. They typically randomly release and make sure the update is good. Then cautiously release more, usually in batches. 

"5-6 years ago they did and it took out most of their servers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes