Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the latest update, my Charge 3 worked fine for a few days and then froze up. After a reboot, the clock started running, but it wouldn't sync. After doing everything suggested, to no avail, I contacted customer service. After an hour and a half I was told the Charge 3 was incompatible with my phone. I have had the same phone for every since I have had the Charge 3. At this point, I am very disappointed with the product and company.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

just had a couple of lengthy live chats with fitbit to try and resolve my charge 3 not syncing since last firmware update. ultimately, they say the best they can do is offer me a discount on my next purchase to replace the charge. i think this is it for me and fitbit. it feels like a bit of scam - the products work until they get past the warranty period and then they offer a discount to buy a new device (which is marked up high enough that the discount doesn't wipe-out the profit).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I agree. After all the time messing with the chat line and no joy, the Charge 3 showed 001. I tried the suggested reset and the screen went black. When I pushed the button, it made a steady buzz. I tried all the suggestions to no avail. Now, 8 hours later, it it giving a pulse, vibration every second and the screen is black. It will soon be "hammer time."
Best Answer

Without being told the subject of what phone were are asking about. 

But since our worked fine for a few days, we can rule out phone compatibility issues .

Have you checked the above pointed post on"tips for android syncing"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has also started doing the random vibrating. Nothing is showing up on the screen. Battery was fully charged, but now there’s no lights on at all. Looks like it has completely bricked. Shame on you Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now mine is down to a beat every 10 seconds. No lights, black screen. I think their latest update was flawed. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is an LG K30 2018 Model. I got the phone in April 2019. Before that the C 3 worked on another LG phone. It worked fine until the last Fit bit software upgrade. No we they say, it doesn't work with that phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes