Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 will not sync with my Samsung S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 does not sync with my S8 also not getting text and calls coming up on the fitbit

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @C.bartlett.

Let me help you figure out what is going with your Charge 3 and how to get it to work.

The first thing I'd recommend is that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article to help with the syncing and this one to help with the notifications.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried EVERYTHING multiple times: uninstalling/re-installig app on phone, resetting Charge 3 and nothing fixes this problem.  Occasionally get a "restate Bluetooth" error message when I try to sync, but other Bluetooth devices sync with phone with no problems.  Besides, my old Fibit One STILL syncs with no issues, so not the phone!

This is so very frustrating that I WILL NOT recommend the Charge 3 to anyone.  In fact, I will discourage anyone who asks, as you don't seem to be able to troubleshoot or fix this problem that many, many people are having!

I am so disappointed in Fitbit.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Ludla.

We apologize for the frustration that this situation has caused you. Let me help you figure out what is going on.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try severing the connection between your phone and all Fitbit devices and then reconnecting them. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone's settings.
  2. There, look for any Fitbit devices that show up as paired to your phone.
  3. Remove all of them from the list.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up on your Fitbits again as if they were replacements. 

That will restart the connection itself and  help so that it all starts working properly.

Keep me posted on how it goes or if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I've followed this thread and another slightly earlier one that ended in early January 2019. My Charge 3 suddenly stopped connecting with my Samsung S8 three days ago and I've been trying to fix it ever since. So far I've spent at least 3 hours on this.

I've done all the things asked (not necessarily in this order and most of them more than once)

• updated firmware using desktop app on my laptop
  • uninstalled and reinstalled phone app
  • force stopped phone app and restarted several times
  • turned off and on bluetooth several times
  • turned off and on the fitbit several times
  • removed all other bluetooth devices from my phone
  • unpaired my charge 3 - and now can't re-pair
  • run the new device set up on Fitbit phone app - got excited when it said 'We found your tracker' with a spinner and  bar saying Connecting - but after a few minutes that's failed four  eight times now.

Any more suggestions? I'm getting pretty fed up now. 

Update a couple of hours later: I read yet another thread on this forum where the Fitbit support person suggested clearing fitbit device data. I did this, still didn't make the sync work. Now we are at about 4 hours. That's half a working day just trying to get my steps recorded. Surely it shouldn't be this hard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So finally: I kept searching through the forum and googling this problem. Eventually I found a forum post on this page https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Charge-3-not-syncing-with-Samsung-Galaxy-S8/m-p/3708711 which has resolved my problem.

Fitbit - why don't you put all this accumulated wisdom into one help page where your customers can fix their problems in minutes rather than take hours and feel unsupported and unloved. As I said before IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD!

Best Answer
0 Votes
THANKS!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've  tried it all, I give up

Best Answer
0 Votes