Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 (Watch) keeps telling me to download or update the fitbit app to set up.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had trouble pairing my charge 4 watch to my android phone, so instead I connected and set up the watch via the computer, when the watch had been set up the watch kept telling me that I should "download or update the fitbit app for to set up." (I had no problem syncing the watch with the computer app). I then went in to see if there was an update to the watch, spoil allert i there wasn't. then I tried to connect the watch to my phone, now i had no problem connecting and synchronizing (which it could not before),but for some reason the watch kept telling me to "download or update the fitbit app to set it up." (the watch was already set up on the computer application), I no longer know what I can do to make the watch work and I am close to giving up, if you know how to fix it pls help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Cedric_Leander, what phone, and what version of the operating system, do you have?  It appears from your description that the phone may not be compatible with the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. I have android LG 40.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sames problems here with Iphone 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't setup my LG X Charge, keep getting stuck at the 4 digit pin. Watch won't even restart! Does anyone know of a better more compatible watch? Not fitbit brand?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new charge 4 and it will not set up with the app on my windows computer. I have been using the app for years for a HR, charge2 and a charge3

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen went black on my charge3 so I was given a discount on a new charge 4. When I tried to setup the new charge4, the charge 3 was removed and now the charge 4 will not setup. keeps telling me to download or update the app. SO I HAVE NO WORKING FITBIT.  Charge4 won't setup and the charge3 the screen does work so I can't see the code to set it up again. I'm not impressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am dismayed by the excuses from Fitbit CS. I also have a charge 4 that worked perfectly for the past 3 yrs. I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e.OS pie. I find it ridiculous that the app would work for three years and then stop working. 

Fitbit CS tells me after 3 years of uninterrupted service that my phone model is not compatible and they're working on the problem.

Time to research a new company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes