Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stuck on "To start download the Fitbit app" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the moto g 5g 2022 and cannot get my Fitbit charge 4 to link up to my phone. The charge 4 keeps saying download or update app. App is up to date according to Google play . What can I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Bnzornes16. Welcome to the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 4.

As @Guy_ has recommended, please try the steps below:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Charge 4 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Remove the Charge 4 from your Fitbit account and your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Charge 4 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.

If you can't get started with your Charge 4, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If you continue having syncing difficulties after linking your Fitbit device, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Bnzornes16 - login to the Fitbit App, click profile photo, top left, and then "+ Set up a Device", this will add the Bluetooth connection and set it up for use in the app.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Bnzornes16. Welcome to the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 4.

As @Guy_ has recommended, please try the steps below:

• Check if by any chance your phone's Bluetooth shows the Charge 4 as a connected device. If so, please unpair/remove it.
  • Remove the Charge 4 from your Fitbit account and your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Charge 4 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.

If you can't get started with your Charge 4, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If you continue having syncing difficulties after linking your Fitbit device, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of this and it still doesn’t work. Trying to add the charge 4 as a new device, I have tried everything listed here and everything listed on all of the other forums and its still stuck on download or update app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes