Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't pair with new phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I originally had my Charge 4 set up with my Samsung running Android. I replaced that phone with a brand new Moto G7 Play and cannot get the Charge 4 to set up with it. I have tried uninstalling the app, clearing everything, tried all of the recommendations I found on the forums but it still will not finish connecting. 

When I try to set it up, the Moto G7 finds the Charge 4 easily. It then asks for the 4 digit code, which it accepts.... and then.... nothing happens. The phone says connecting, apologizes for taking so long.... The fitbit shows the Fitbit logo for awhile and then a big X and the app asks if I want to start again....

Help would be appreciated.

Joseph

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

OK, I finally got it to work by completely clearing the Charge 4. In settings choose to reset the device completely. Then it paired just fine.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @JRDemers  here is the article about compatibility of the devices - click to read. Also, your post was moved to the Android area for more relevant responses.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi Odyssey13,

There is nothing in the article about compatibility issues with the Moto G7 Play. I followed instructions found here https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2322.htm but to no avail. It still will not connect. I will look in the Android area to see if I can find my post.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed that the date and time are incorrect on my Charge 4. So, it won't connect to my phone and the time and date are wrong... perhaps the two are related?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I finally got it to work by completely clearing the Charge 4. In settings choose to reset the device completely. Then it paired just fine.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JRDemers. It's nice to see you around and thank you for your support, @Odyssey13.

@JRDemers Thanks for the details shared in your posts and for your troubleshooting efforts. I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation. I appreciate your time and efforts. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer