Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not remembering notification settings on Pixel 6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My Charge 5 "forgets" that it can receive notifications.

Steps to reproduce:

1. install Fitbit app, sync Fitbit, etc.

2. set up notifications

3. notifs work fine for a few days

4. notifs suddenly stop coming through

5. go back to Fitbit setting screen, "notifications" option is missing from the Charge 5 settings menu (where it was before)

6. reinstall Fitbit app, and set up notifications again

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This will happen after a logout in the fitbit app 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @lrklrk.  

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

That seems to be an odd behavior, if you're still having trouble with the app not showing you the Notification option, please try to:

• Log out from the app.
  • Restart your phone. 
  • Log back in and set up notifications again. 
  • If you're still having the same inconvenience, you can also try to set up your Charge 5 as a new device in your account. 

In addition, please restart your device using the method described here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end of the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

For other problems with notifications, follow all the steps listed here that have been useful for other users experiencing the same problem. Keep in mind that you need Android OS 8.0 or higher or Apple iOS 13 or higher on your phone and that you won’t see notifications on your Fitbit device if you turned on the Do Not disturb Icon or Sleep Mode. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

This will happen after a logout in the fitbit app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Davide,

I have tried these steps in the past and it does not solve the problem. I am using a Google Pixel 6 phone running Android 12. Do you have additional suggestions?

----------------

Hi Rich,

This happens even if i do not log out of the fitbit app. Do you have further suggestions?

Best Answer

@lrklrk Thank you for sharing this update and for confirming that you already tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested.  

In this case, since you already tried all the recommendations shared in the forums and you continue to experience the same problem with the notification settings, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes