Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 won't show up in Bluetooth scan

Charge 5 won't show up in bluetooth scan on any of our phones or tablets.   Therefore It will no longer sync with the FitBit app on my phone.   I have tried restarting the watch as well as restarting bluetooth.   On laptop the dashboard shows no devices attached to my account.   I cant see how I can completely restart the watch and set it up again.

I should add I have moved to the Google platform and I've also seen this re advice on another thread - Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"

There is no "Set up a New Device" or "Add more devices" or the like showing on the Connected to Fitbit Screen

Ok have fixed the problem, I uninstalled the FitBit apps from my phone and tablet, reinstalled the apps, Set up the watch as a new device and paired it with the app. 

Moderator edit:  Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I had similar problem when connecting my Charge 5 on both my Android and iPad.  Was advised to only use on one device, so I removed it from the iPad.  It's now working on my Android and says it is syncing, but it doesn't show under Bluetooth paired devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@anncom Nice to see you active in the forums again. I am glad to read you have been able to solve this. I appreciate you sharing the steps that helped you out. That is correct, the instructions for setup changed since the new Fitbit app layout. I am gald you were able to find how to set your Charge 5 as a new device. Wishing you all the best training with your Charge 5!

@GrandmaDove Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you about the Bluetooth connection of your Fitbit device and your smartphone. 

Thanks for the explanation. Please note that the Charge 5 can sync wiht your devices, even when it is not shown as a "paired" device. You need to know that the Bluetooth connection is managed by the Fitbit app. In order for the Charge 5 to be shown as a "paired" device in your smartphone's Bluetooth settings you need to set up notifications. Here you find the instructions: How do I set up notifications?. At some you will also receive a pop up message asking for the devices to be paired and the app will also request access to contacts and calls, so that it can display the information when a notificaiton arrives. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response.  I finally got data to sync with the fitbit Google account, but it only added the steps I took for today.  Nothing updated for the previous 2 days when I joined.  Ex. Yesterday shows 203 steps in the Google account compared to 10,000+ steps for the Fitbit account.  I did have to pair again when I switched to the Google account.

Best Answer
0 Votes