Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR no longer syncs with my Samsung Galaxy S7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit charge HR will no longer sync with my Samsung Galaxy S7. I haven't been able to sync since the Android system update 4 days ago. Running version 7.0. Hardware Version REV0.6. I've tried the following: 1. power off/on phone. 2. turn Bluetooth off/on. 3. uninstalled/reinstalled Fitbit app 4. tested Bluetooth connection to four other devices (all connected with no problem). 5. The only thing I haven't done is reset the tracker b/c I don't want to lose my progress.

I realize that the Charge HR has been discontinued but understand that Fitbit will continue to support it. My tracker is only 6 mos old and was purchased for $150. Product is still relatively new and for the price paid, I expect it to last longer than it has.

Suggestions to fix are welcomed! Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I called Fitbit support today and did some troubleshooting for about 40 min with no luck. I didn't have my charging cord with me at work so I couldn't do the final step of resetting my Charge HR. Later at home I followed additional instructions that were sent to me via email. And it worked! I was concerned that I'd lose the past 4 days of data b/c it hadn't synched since then. Thankfully everything was there. Maybe the steps below will help someone else that's having a synching issue. Good Luck! 

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After restarting your tracker follow the instruction on how you will sync your Fitbit Charge HR:

1. Make sure no other devices are connected and that Bluetooth is on. You also need a stable internet connection.

2. Turn on and off the Bluetooth.        

3. Double press the home button and Close the fitbit app and Open it again. 

4. Lastly, It will show on the screen of your phone that it is syncing - just wait for it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Mine started doing the same thing on Thursday. I have only had mine since Christmas! But now since seeing your post I am wondering if it's an Android update issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know what. Mine stopped working as well and I did the update on my s7 too.. I never realized it until you mentioned it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

S7 Edge no longer works either with my flex 2 but neither does my tablet and it received no update and my laptop wont update/sync it either, Its a fitbit problem, not an android problem I suspect.

Best Answer

I called Fitbit support today and did some troubleshooting for about 40 min with no luck. I didn't have my charging cord with me at work so I couldn't do the final step of resetting my Charge HR. Later at home I followed additional instructions that were sent to me via email. And it worked! I was concerned that I'd lose the past 4 days of data b/c it hadn't synched since then. Thankfully everything was there. Maybe the steps below will help someone else that's having a synching issue. Good Luck! 

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
  4. Let go of the button.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After restarting your tracker follow the instruction on how you will sync your Fitbit Charge HR:

1. Make sure no other devices are connected and that Bluetooth is on. You also need a stable internet connection.

2. Turn on and off the Bluetooth.        

3. Double press the home button and Close the fitbit app and Open it again. 

4. Lastly, It will show on the screen of your phone that it is syncing - just wait for it.

Best Answer

Solution worked perfectly.  Thank you!

Best Answer

I tried this several times with mine. No luck. My S7 won't find a bluetooth connection with my charge HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

" 4. Lastly, It will show on the screen of your phone that it is syncing - just wait for it."

My Samsung Galaxy S7 has also stopped syncing to my Charge HR, as of 03/29/18. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the app and rebooted the HR without success. It says it's syncing, but after an hour, the progress bar has not changed. How long did you have to "wait for it". LOL

The only computer I have to use is a Chromebook. Could this be part of the issue?

Thanks-so far yours is the closest solution I've been able to find. I do see that Fitbit.com no longer shows the Charge HR to Galaxy S7 compatibility.

Update 04/24/18:

These steps didn't work for me; all the "Double press the home button" did was start my camera! LOL (not using an iPhone)

From the red band at the top of this page, looks like Fitbit is aware and attempting to resolve this issue now.  Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Here's hoping they fix it soon.

Debbie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! Hadn't synced for a few weeks, was ok last time. Tried to sync 2 days ago as it had gone flat. No sync,no time change,nothing. I'm stuck several hours behind and when I try to sync it sometimes says done on 6 April. Not sure when the Fitbit app updated but had gone to poo since. I tried what above post said and NOOO. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't done phone update yet...i think Fitbit app update is the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree cos I haven't done my phone update but my fitbit app update has happened since I last synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had been since March 30th as well. I will try these steps and see if it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A double press is for an iphone.  Mine has stopped working multiple times. pisses me off because I dont notice it for weeks and then when i have to reset and delete my tracker i lose all my progress. The Charge HR really has turned into **ahem**. It worked great when I got it but not anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and bought a Garmin.

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android
Best Answer