Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR stuck

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR is stuck attempting to download an update! I've contacted Fitbit support via twitter and now I have case opened via e-mail. I'm tired of waiting for an answer ... how do I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The troubleshooting guide says:

1. Turn your tracker off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my tracker?
  2. If you sync your tracker with a Fitbit app, remove the Bluetooth connection on your device. (Skip this step if you use fitbit.com.)
    1. Find the Bluetooth information. On iOS devices for example this can be found in the Settings app on the Bluetooth screen. You'll see a list of any devices connected using Bluetooth.
    2. Tap Charge HR and choose Forget or Forget This Device
  3. Next, temporarily remove your tracker from your Fitbit account:
    1. If you use the Fitbit app, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image) > Charge HR and then Remove This Charge HR.
    2. If you use fitbit.com, click the gear icon in the top right and then click Settings > Devices> Charge HR > Remove this Charge HR from your account.
  4. Now add your tracker back to your Fitbit account as if you're setting it up for the first time:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image), choose Set Up a Device and follow the instructions. (For fitbit.com instructions see How do I set up my tracker?)
    2. When you get to the app screen called Final Setup, tap Update Now. A firmware update will start and last up to 10 minutes. If the update doesn't finish move on to the next step.
  5. Follow the instructions in How do I factory reset my Charge or Charge HR?

Unlike Step 1 when you rebooted your tracker, a factory reset actually deletes your settings and recent data. It also requires setting up the tracker again after the reset. For these reasons its the troubleshoot of last resort but only take a few minutes.

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047/

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I've tried this. I can't reset my Fitbit ... it's locked attempting to update. I've plugged my Charge HR and held the button down for 10-12 seconds ... the green light on the back flashes a few times and the download bar appears again. I can't reset it! 

I've deleted the app from my Android device and reinstalled it. I've delted my Charge HR from my phone and I'm now attempting to re-connect it to my phone but it says I need to turn my Charge HR on first. But, my Charge HR is on ... it's just not on any other screen other than the download bar.

Best Answer