Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility - Huawei MediaPad M2 8.0

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Basically, my wife and I are new Fitbit users, looking to make the most of our Fitbits. (Charge 2 for me & Alta for her)

I seem to be getting a lot more out of mine for the simple fact that I am connected to the Mobile App and logging my food & water religiously and constantly syncing and analysing my own data.

However, my wife's phone fell victim to some drunken damage on our actual wedding day (my fault)

We cant afford to upgrade her contract yet and face early upgrade costs. I am currently looking at 2 fairly low cost pay monthly tablet devices so that maybe my wife could get the full benefit from her Fitbit as I have been experiencing with the app.

I have read a lot of debate over Bluetooth 4.0 issues / Bluetooth 4.0LE (low energy) and have come unstuck, and don't want to take a blind risk with a 24month contract and find incompatibility is an issue.

Could anybody tell me simply whether the Huawei MediaPad M2 8.0 works with Fitbits? (or the Fitbit Alta if being specific)

It currently isn't on the supported list. However I'm aware this could just mean it hasn't been tested and confirmed by Fitbit yet.

Also, when checking the the Tech Spec have seen this tablet uses BT4.0 but doesn't specify BTE or being Low Energy... But did read BT4.0 is basically Low Energy compatible as BLE is part of BT4.0... Any help to clarify for sure before I purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The tablet has arrived and so far we have found it fully compatible with my wife's Fitbit Alta.

I would imagine anybody wishing to find the compatibility of this particular tablet will find this thread?

Therefore i am accepting this reply a the solution for anybody wishing to use this as future reference.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

A very warm welcome to the Forums @MattOnBass92.

That mobile device is not currently on the compatibility list, like you mentioned. Because of this, we are not able to guarantee whether it will work or not. There is a possibility that it could work, however we're not able to fully guarantee that it will.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. I've proceeded to order one anyway... is here anywhere i can contribute my findings to help other users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MattOnBass92! Congratulation on your purchase.

If you find anything, some sort of interaction or workaround, I'd encourage that you create a thread in here talking about it. That way you can keep updating with any details you find and have other users look into the thread if they need help. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The tablet has arrived and so far we have found it fully compatible with my wife's Fitbit Alta.

I would imagine anybody wishing to find the compatibility of this particular tablet will find this thread?

Therefore i am accepting this reply a the solution for anybody wishing to use this as future reference.

Best Answer

Hey @MattOnBass92!

Thanks for letting everyone know. It's great to hear that the software and hardware are working for you. 

If you have the time, you should visit one of our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics in there. 

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes