Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Samsung Galaxy A5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,  I have the galaxy A5 and my fitbit flex was syncing fine - until a couple of days ago! Any idea why this suddenly changed? There is no point having a fitness tracker that doesn't sync steps to my phone! please help... 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @SarahP88, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App or will not support all the features this offers. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. 

Additionally to this, even when a mobile devices has not been listed as supported, it may work or support different features of the app and the Fitbit tracker. The difference with these devices is that we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly. If your tracker is not syncing  perhaps the following post might be of your help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

It wont hurt to try these recommendations and troubleshooting steps to address the syncing issue your tracker and your phone are presenting.

See you around and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for replying. I've tried all the trouble shooting ideas and it hasn't helped. The fitbit syncs to another persons phone so I know that works fine but not to mine anymore... despite working for the last 3-4 months perfectly fine. I can't keep syncing to someone else's phone! Why can't Fitbit just allow all android/Apple devices to sync with the Fitbit?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've been having exactly the same problem. I've had both my flex and my A5 for nearly 2 years now and never had a single problem with syncing, until now. The last couple of days it's just not working properly. I don't understand why, even if the device isn't listed as compatible, it would have been working fine for that whole time, but suddenly stopped working now. Unless the app updated in the last couple of days and knocked compatibility out? I tried clearing all data via app manager and that seemed to work, but only for a bit and now it's back to not even finding my tracker. Quite frustrating 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just been on a 30 minute on line chat to be told that the Samsung Galaxy A5 is not compatible with the new syncing software. I have been told to check back at a later date to see whether it has been added but I can't get a straight answer as to whether it ever will. Suggestion is to sync it with my PC. That's not why I bought a Fitbit. I haven't been able to sync since the 8 April and it looks like I may not be able to use it again until I get a new phone which is not until the end of this year. Not good enough!! 

These are some of the comments I received

"Fitbit is the first fitness device to offer Bluetooth Smart syncing with your Android device. Wireless sync has been a frequently requested feature from our Android users, so we've been eager to get support out as quickly as possible. While many Android devices have a Bluetooth 4.0 chip, not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App"

"We appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features"

"we're unable to guarantee when your cellphone model is going to be available, we're expanding our platforms to work with most of the devices out there, however I'm unable to tell when will that happen in an overall manner & and I'm unable to tell when will we be adding it to our compatible list"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have had the same problem with the A5 from 2017. The software should be working on at least the latest phone, that came out January this year!

I will update if I find a way around

Good luck

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer

Hi all, I have just found out that my new Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 doesn't sync with my fitbit 2! I had previously a Galaxy S5. Please, let me know if you find a way. I've tried all suggestions, unsuccessfully so far... 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem! working too much to figure it out until now. have there been any good sugestions? perhaps we should be getting some money back from one or the other.

Best Answer

how sweet of you ....do we get a refund for the time that our FitBit's don't work? pretty sure I paid a good chunk of change for it.

Best Answer

I just bought The Fitbit Ionic and it's not working with my Samsung Galaxy A5!

For a $400 price tag I would think it would be compatible with ALL devices. Can I return it?

Best Answer

The return policy depends on where/when you purchased it, @KellyMc75.  If you bought it directly from Fitbit, they have a 45-day return policy.  If you bought from and authorized retailer, you would have to check with them on their return policy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So what your saying is you will buy me a phone that is compatible with the $180 fit bit that purchased?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ik kan het alleen maar in het nederlands zeggen.

Ik heb een samsung galaxy a5 2017, dus ik denk toch de laatste versie.

Heb van de week en fitbit alta hr gekocht, alles koppelde goed.

Maar.....geen sms, geen calls, geen meldingen enzo.....

Alles gaan nakijken en de nu blijkt dat hij niet compatibel is met deze smartphone !!!!

Ik snap dat allemaal niet ze.

Ik wordt daar zo boos van !! Dus nu werkt hij voor mij maar half.

Weg met DIE ZEVER !!! verkoop iets dat fatsoenlijk werkt !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another one here.

I bought a Ionic and it disconnects after working fine for a couple of days. I've handled to reconnect it to the phone when this happens by disabling the Bluetooth, reenabling it and then select the Ionic to connect to. Finally just force a sync.

Hope this helps to encourage the Fitbit team to bring compatibility to Samsung A5 (2017) and to workaround this issue to who has the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too from today. I've had a galaxy a5 for over a year and No issues with my fitbit whatsoever until today. Suggestion was to use a computer. So I've now got to either purchase a computer or a new compatible phone. Surely a ploy to invest in a new fitbit. I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere. Absolutely livid

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add Samsung Galaxy A5 to the supported devices list for Charge 3.

I am very disappointed that I cannot use all the features I purchased the Fitbit for.

Your limited list of supported devices should be made clear to sales people.  A phone purchased just last year should be supported.

Not happy!

Best Answer

I've been using the Fitbit with my A5 for over 2 months and all of a sudden it is no longer compatible! How does that happen?!

What is Fitbit doing to rectify this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Charge 2 works fine with Samsung a5 2017 but charge 3 doesn't what did you change between the watches that makes them not compatible now

Best Answer
Hi didn't change anything. There was an update to the app and I was not able to use the app or sync my fitbit since. I have an email, a phone conversation and an online chat with fitbit help and they all advised me that my charge hr was not compatible with my Samsung galaxy a5.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't change anything. There was an update to the app and I was not able to use the app or sync my fitbit since. I have an email, a phone conversation and an online chat with fitbit help and they all advised me that my charge hr was not compatible with my Samsung galaxy a5.

Best Answer
0 Votes