Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Issue with Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

FitBit App Version: 2.93

Charge 3 Frimware Version: 28.20001.60.39

Android Verison: 9 Build 48.2.A.10.62

My Problem started, at least knowingly today. When i open the FitBit Android App i get the Error Message that there is a connectivity issue and to restart the Bluetooth on my phone. Which changes nothing, it just won't sync with my Charge 3. I tried everything, restarting the Bluetooth Service on my phone, restarting the whole phone, force stop the FitBit App to restart it but nothing is working, until i restarted the Charge 3 in the About Section, but after somewhat 30-45 minutes the same problem occurs ant the App won't sync with my phone until i again restart the Charge 3. So then i tried the reboot with the power cable attached and holding the button on the Charge 3 for 8 seconds, but again, after 30-45 minutes it won't sync again. Then i cleared the user data on my Charge 3 and paired it again. Problem persists. Then i uninstalled and installed the FitBit App again on my phone but problem is still there. I also tried changeing the settings "All Day Sync" and "Always Connected", and i disabled the Adaptive Battery Setting on my phone which is supposed to save power from Apps which consume much but nothing works!

The only thing that works is to restart the Charge 3 to have connection and be able to sync again but always after a certain amount of time the connection is lost.

Steve Gaenss
Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @SteveKolberg.

Thanks for sharing all of those details on the matter and listing all of the steps that you have tried so far.

There is one more thing that we could try to get your Fitbit to sync to your phone once again. Please try following these steps:

1. Go into the phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. There look for your Charge 3 and all other Fitbit devices that might be showing up as paired.
  3. Remove the Charge 3 and other Fitbits from the list of paired devices.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up as if you had a replacement Charge 3.

That will help so that it all starts working and syncing correctly. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thx for the quick reply!

Tried this solution but it isn't working either, after not even an hour it won't sync again.

In the Google Play Store i found an App "Sync Fix for FitBit and Huawei/Honor Phones" (It's a 3rd Party App and not from FitBit itself) which seems to work on my Sony Xperia too. You can either manually apply the fix every time you want to sync with your Charge 3 or you apply the permanent fix, but for that you have to disable the "Always Connected" option within the FitBit App under Settings on your phone. 

Until now this workaround seems to do the job. But even so, this shouldn't be a permanent solution. I guess it's a problem with either the FitBit Android App or the Firmware on the Charge 3 (Which has been updated a couple of days ago)

Steve

Steve Gaenss
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SteveKolberg.

Thanks for trying the steps I recommended! 

Glad to read that the app that you mentioned has worked. It is important to mention that the app is not a Fitbit devbeloped app and thus we cannot guarantee its functionality. 

In the meantime, I'd like to ask you what phone is it that you are using. What model of Xperia is it?

I look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I'm using an Sony Xperia XZ Premium with Android Verison: 9 Build 48.2.A.10.62.

So far the mentioned App is still working without problems.

Steve Gaenss
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue since yesterday. I've tried all the step but it will only sync once & not constantly. My stats from yesterday also stopped recording

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Nicol3alexandra. Hello @SteveKolberg.

Thank you both for going through all of the steps that you have mentioned. 

@SteveKolberg I'm glad to read that the phone is working correctly with that app. This might be happening because the Xperia XZ Premium is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it.

@Nicol3alexandra Could you let us know what phone is it that you are using? Is it on the list I mentioned above? That could explain what is going on.

Please let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this same issue since about a month ago when the update prior to the 5/23 one came out. Before this latest update the work around would work for at least a day or 2. Now that's not even working. The issue is even worse! This is on a GS9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ronnievmp and @Nicol3alexandra.

Thanks for reaching back and sharing those details on your situations.

@Nicol3alexandra That would be your Fitbit correct? What would be the phone that you have? 

@Ronnievmp Could you confirm if you have tried the steps showing in this article? If you have not, please try going through them.

In the meantime please let me know if your phone is running Android 9 or a different version.

I look forward to your reply. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
LG G6
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
Yes I have gone through all the steps in the posts. None helped so I called and spoke with a rep. I tried the steps they gave me. They would work for about a day or 2 then I'd have to go through them again which is quite tedious! Then the 5/23 update came out and they stopped working. I even tried uninstalling the app and restarting and then the steps again. The update made the issue even worse. My phone is Android 9.
Veronica 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm running a Pixel 2, a phone on the list of compatible devices.

Android version: 9 build PQ3A.190505.001

Charge 3 firmware: 28.20001.60.39

About a week ago, my Charge 3 stopped syncing with my Pixel 2. Totally random, no reason that I could see. I spent the next couple of days removing my charge from the app, removing it from the bluetooth, rebooting the charge and phone several times, updating the app, only to not be able to connect back to the phone. I could get as far as the bluetooth passcode, but it never went any further.

I decided to let it keep trying (after inputting the pass code) and left it for an hour and came back to find it successfully paired. Managed to get it to update the Charge as well. Even after the pairing though, the syncs are sparatic and unreliable (managed to sync just now but the last one was two days ago), and I can't get any notices at all to get through to the Charge.

Best Answer

I have the same issue and this is the second C3 this has happened to!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was perusing this thread as I am trying to see what the opinions are on the charge 3. Is this thread really about the charge 3 or is it still the failure of fitbit to really get a fix for the android 9 thing which has been going on for about a year now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure... I've had the problem with my Charge 3 and my Sony Xperia, i know nothing about a general Android 9 problem. But it could be as Android 9 update is not soo far in the past. It's just, i'm soo pissed off that the CO2 Sensor is still not working and now the synchronization issue....

Steve Gaenss
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Lilbidy,
This chain is about syncing issues with the app. But I do have the Charge 3 and really like it a lot! If you have had any if the other charge HRs and like them then you will like this one as well. I love that they made this one water resistant. Only thing that would make it perfect in my opinion would be adding GPS into the Fitbit itself and being able to upload songs like for the Versa.
Veronica 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well my Charge 2 works with my Android phone so I am not sure if it related
to that problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nic412@Ronnievmp@SteveKolberg@Lilbiddy@Nicol3alexandra and @robofinch.

Thanks for sharing all of the details on the matter and also posting your feedback on the matter.

For those of you that are using Android 9, please know that our team is aware of an issue with it that causes syncing issues. Having said that, some users have mentioned that the following steps have helped. First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

That might help so that your devices start syncing. If the steps above do not work, and you are using Android 9, please know that our team is looking into it and that we will be posting about it as soon as possible.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes