Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear FItbit: I am NEVER going to buy your Premium service. Stop hassling me about it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have bought a Fitbit HR, Fitbit Charge 2, and a Fitbit Charge 3, for a combined total of something around 500 dollars. Not only have I spent enough money to expect a free app to accompany the hardware I bought, the 2.1 billion dollars you got from Google should have you well covered financially.

So, stop pushing your Premium service on me. The ads for it in the Fitbit app can not be dismissed, which is obnoxious to say the least.

Given that your Charge 3 is less accurate than the two previous models, I'd expect you to be working to fix that than trying to invent new, unwanted, revenue streams.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Odyssey13,

Thanks for clarifying the Google situation.

However, most apps have to have ads or charge money because they have no other revenue stream. Fit bit sells hardware, and not not cheap hardware. They already have plenty of income.

Further, I'm not saying they shouldn't have a Premium service, so long as the basic service is sufficient to run the device. I'm just saying I should be able to turn off the in-app ads for it. I am completely uninterested.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Dave_M_G   Google did tender an offer to Fitbit but has yet to go through all the legal paperwork to actually become the owner. Ads are a part of life online with apps. You can't go anywhere with a web browser and be ad free and you can't use an app without something popping up. It's not just Fitbit who has this practice, but every app and site out there. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13,

Thanks for clarifying the Google situation.

However, most apps have to have ads or charge money because they have no other revenue stream. Fit bit sells hardware, and not not cheap hardware. They already have plenty of income.

Further, I'm not saying they shouldn't have a Premium service, so long as the basic service is sufficient to run the device. I'm just saying I should be able to turn off the in-app ads for it. I am completely uninterested.

Best Answer