Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not vibrating when receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the new update my versa is not vibrating when I am receiving notifications for messages. I'm getting the calls to vibrate but not vibrating for messages and it is turned on and everything is right. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have been having the same issue. This morning I unpaired the versa through the fitbit app, reset up my versa and now everything is working. And thankfully, all my information is still there. 

Tap on picture.

Tap on versa (I have 2 devices).

Tap on trash can in upper right corner.

Tap unpair.

Then add a new device. 

Hope this works for others because it was really driving me bonkers!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I am having the Sam's issue since the update, fit bit will you fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brina and @Cassie30, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you both let me know which mobile device are being used with your Fitbit devices? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Fitbit devices are correctly configured.

After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes. Please restart your Fitbits too.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of this. It's only been since the update.  The notifications don't even popup on the screen when you immediately receive a message and does not vibrate.  So unless I am using the swiping option to swipe down to even see if I have any notifications, I do not know that I even have one. Which is defeating my purpose of having this. I have a versa and my phone is a galaxy s8. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. The notifications are in notifications bar, they just don't pop up and the watch doesn't vibrate. I restarted my watch several times, the phone too. 

Best Answer

Yup same here. It sucks!

Best Answer

I am also having this problem since the update😥

Best Answer

I have a samsung galaxy note 9 just updated as well as fitbit app and restarted phone and fitbit and it doesn't notify me when I get a text just calls and it vibrates for calls. All my settings are correct it's supposed to be vibrating and it's not showing notifications for text at all I have to swipe to see them but never tells me when they arrive or anything. And yes I have all settings right and tried all those options. It's a glitch in the update itself. 

Best Answer

I have been having the same issue. This morning I unpaired the versa through the fitbit app, reset up my versa and now everything is working. And thankfully, all my information is still there. 

Tap on picture.

Tap on versa (I have 2 devices).

Tap on trash can in upper right corner.

Tap unpair.

Then add a new device. 

Hope this works for others because it was really driving me bonkers!

Best Answer

worked for me too, thanks 🙂 

shame on you Fitbit support 😄

Best Answer

THIS ABSOLUTELY WORKED.. THANKS!!

Best Answer

You still have all your setting and info the same yes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. Didn't change a thing there. After re-pairing the device I double checked my notifications and my always vibrate option (I prefer to keep my phone on silent) but all of my records (heart rate,sleep tracker) remained. My apps were on my watch and I even had a timer going and it was uninterrupted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did it and it worked as well thank you!

Best Answer

dang that really stinks, maybe try unpairing then uninstalling fitbit and reinstalling?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I and my husband have the same issues after updated the latest version, versa didn't vibrating when receiving notifications, I have tried all the steps to resolve it but it won't work. like re-start my mobile and watch, deleted the Fitbit apps and we downloaded....please fix your program ASAP, as vibrate on notifications receiving is very important to us and that is one of the reasons that we consider wearing Fitbit.

Eiza

Best Answer
0 Votes