Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy between Fitbit app and Google pixel 2 health app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There's about a 5000 step difference between my mobiles fitness app and the fitbit app. I've tried disconnecting the mobile track and deleting it up again, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone. Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Linz478, awesome to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response regarding your question on the difference of the Fitbit app and Google Pixel health app.

In this case since both apps work with different algorithms which is hard to find a logical explanation in the comparison, but apps works differently despite are running in your phone and considering other external factors, in example a Fitbit tracker that will also report steps to your Dashboard.

Nonetheless, you did good in trying the steps mentioned on your post. Additionally I want to recommend to reset the cache of the app, if this is happening often it would be a good way to cover all possible solutions: log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version). Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes