Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance dial not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all!

Started using my Charge 2 on March 1st and over the moon about my decision to buy. I also enjoy the app but after a couple of weeks the distance dial stopped working. The distance i have moved is listed correctly underneath but the dial remains on 0 and the graphs in the distance tab also all say zero (even though all distances are listed underneath). 

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled but it doesn't resolve the issue. Does anyone have an idea what i can do to fix this? I get sad looking at my dashboard and seeing everything bright green apart from distance... Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for any and all help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Thank you for stepping into the Community @anglo77

If you do not mind, I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand the situation:

• What mobile device are you using?
  • Has this been the case from the very beginning? If not, when did it start happening?

Look forward to your reply so that I can find the best way to proceed.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge). The dial was working at first and then stopped. Now that I think about it, I seem to believe that it stopped working when I changed my distance goal. Is that possible?

I have de and re-installed the app but it hasnt made a difference. I experience the same issue on my online dashboard too. The more that I think about it, I am sure it stopped working when I changed my distance goal.

Thanks for you reply and hopefully you can advise me on how to correct the problem.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anglo77! Thanks for reaching back.

In order to try and verify if that was the case, let's change the distance goal to what it was previously and see of the dial changes or not.

Please do try that and let me know how it goes! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit

to be honest, I cant remember what the original goal was. I have changed it a couple of times today but nothing makes a difference. Is it possible that it needs to correspond with my step goal? (the standard 10,000 at the moment). Maybe I will see what my stride length is logged as and then multiply that by the 10,000 to see if it makes a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @anglo77!

I don't personally think that the stride length and the step goal could have to do with it. Could you please take a screen shot of how it is showing on your end? I'd like to take a closer look.

Look forward to your reply so that I can better understand.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit

you were right, it didnt make a difference. 

Fitbit.JPG

this is a screen shot from my online dashboard but its the same in the app.

Thanks very much for your time and effort in trying to get to the bottom of this for me!

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @anglo77

Thanks for sharing that picture. I will be digging a bit on this situation and see what is going on. If I do get any updates or news on this I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks for your understanding and for bringing this up! 

Best Answer