Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address was changed without my knowledge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit team,

On July 4th, an unauthorized email change was initiated but I only saw the email notice after the link to revert the change has expired.

I have emailed support team twice and commented on similar issues in the forums, even reached out to a moderator but receive no response. 

Please help me to recover my account. Looking forward to your reply. 

Best regards, 

Ewejin

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Had to send an email to log a ticket, and took almost a week before I got a response, later found that I have two tickets on my case. Then had to follow up again with another support live chat with the same reply 'issue has been escalated'. Finally yesterday they revert to my old email, the whole process took almost a month, and I was able to reset my password and proceeded to quickly changed it.

Countless of follow-ups with no real updates is frustrating, thankfully everything is sorted now... Hope fitbit will relook its auto email change policy, the request may be overlooked (which was my case) or go into spam and usually when the user finds out it is already too late.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It's been the third week now, last communication was with support live chat on 18th July, promised to escalate this issue and get back within 24-48 hours but no news, when are you going to return my account back to me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had to send an email to log a ticket, and took almost a week before I got a response, later found that I have two tickets on my case. Then had to follow up again with another support live chat with the same reply 'issue has been escalated'. Finally yesterday they revert to my old email, the whole process took almost a month, and I was able to reset my password and proceeded to quickly changed it.

Countless of follow-ups with no real updates is frustrating, thankfully everything is sorted now... Hope fitbit will relook its auto email change policy, the request may be overlooked (which was my case) or go into spam and usually when the user finds out it is already too late.

Best Answer