Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equation for calorie in vs out average is wrong- Please fix bug.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've included a picture for reference. Whoever implemented the new chart does not know how to do math, because this is not how averages work. You take the total number of days with COMPLETE data, add it up, and divide by the number of days included in the data set. Since the July update, whoever did the coding did it wrong. This is way too long for the charts to not be functional. It is including days with no food logged, and it is also including days that haven't finished yet, so the numbers are nowhere close to accurate.

The whole reason we use this tool is for people who think of a weekly calorie in vs calorie out goal, rather than being rigid day to day.  This entire chart is pointless when the averages listed are incorrect, or if anyone ever skips a day of logging. (I'm sure most people don't log every single day in a week/month/year, etc.)

My chart here says I've eaten an average of 323 calories a day, but that's wrong- it's 1,176. (That's if we're counting today which hasn't finished, otherwise it's 1,427.)  The equation in your system is wrong, so the average displayed is wrong. Technically the numbers I provided aren't even the ideal ones. Ideally today (Wednesday), the data would only be averaged for COMPLETED days through Tuesday.  So average cals in would be all the food I logged divided by the number of days I logged food through Tuesday. And the cals out would be all the calories burned through Tuesday divided by the number of days that have already ended (3).

Because you are including days that aren't completed, the data accuracy also changes as the day goes on. The second the clock strikes midnight, it will tell me my weekly average calories out is WAY lower than it is, because it is including 0 calories and an entire day (24 hours), even though it's 0 calories in a second. 

As it is currently programmed, the only way for the current chart to be accurate is if you log food every single day of the year without ever missing 1, and check your averages at 11:59pm on the last day of week/month/year (whichever chart you're looking at.) PLEASE fix this bug!!!! And while we're at it, rolling time frames are MUCH more useful and accurate too. If it is a Tuesday and I want to see my weekly average, I want to see an actual week-7 days. Not 3.

 I use android- Galaxy S9 and fitbit inspire hr.

20220921_214732.jpg

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Yes! I hope they fix this. It's still all messed up. I'm getting the same wacked out averages you are. 

I have an Android, S21 Ultra and a Versa 2.

I wonder if Apple users have this issue. 

Fitbit, please fix! This feature used to be so helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes