Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Oops looks like there is no Internet connection" - Fitbit App Android

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently purchased a Fitbit Charge 5. Everything works perfectly except I can't change the clock face. I keep getting "oops looks like you're not connected to the internet" error message - but I am definitely connected. I've tried this on different WIFI connections and just on 4G connection only. I also had my partner install the app on their phone, but they got the same error. I also tried all the trouble shooting steps that I read from a google search and the community. I see this is a common problem. Please advise if this is a known issue and might be resolved by Fitibit, or if there is something else I can try to get it working - although I have tried every single suggestion I can find, including resinstalling the app, clearing cache, eveything. Please help!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sydneydude  - The Oops no internet connection issue can be caused by the use of the following on your phone:

• VPN
  • Adblock software
  • Security software *
  • Private DNS *
  • Wifi and mobile data switched off

[* Samsung possibly in, Phone Settings, Connections, More connection settings]

or possibly incorrect Fitbit App permissions

It can also occur when using the Gallery tile.

• if a faulty clock has been loaded or only partially loaded to the watch
  • to check, click the clocks tab at the top immediately the Gallery tile starts to load.
  • if that then works it is not related to internet access
  • A cure has not yet been found

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @sydneydude  - The Oops no internet connection issue can be caused by the use of the following on your phone:

• VPN
  • Adblock software
  • Security software *
  • Private DNS *
  • Wifi and mobile data switched off

[* Samsung possibly in, Phone Settings, Connections, More connection settings]

or possibly incorrect Fitbit App permissions

It can also occur when using the Gallery tile.

• if a faulty clock has been loaded or only partially loaded to the watch
  • to check, click the clocks tab at the top immediately the Gallery tile starts to load.
  • if that then works it is not related to internet access
  • A cure has not yet been found

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick response. I did a search in my phone settings for "Private DNS" found there was AdGuard on, turned it off, and now I can access the gallery. Great!

Best Answer

This also worked for me. Thanks so much for the assistance

Best Answer

The search for "private DNS" in installed apps installed was KEY!  I had no idea there was one there... looks like it came with my phone (galaxy S21) 😞  THANK YOU!!! 😊 

Best Answer

Hello everybody. 

@Guy_ Thanks so much for your help. @sydneydude @Jaimee007 Thanks for the reply. @Ayork14 Welcome to the forums. 

I am glad to read that the suggestion above worked for you guys. This will definitely help other users out. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thanks a lot. This really worked for my samsung z flip 4.

Best Answer

@Rai08 Welcome to the forums. I am glad you no longer receive the "Oops looks like there is no Internet connection" message on the Fitbit app. Thanks for letting us know that this worked for you too. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello friend! 

I have been battling this problem for a year now and I did as you did...fixed! Thanks

Best Answer

Best answer thanks

Amrit pal singh
Best Answer

@AshiemusPrime @Amritpals Welcome to the forums. I am glad to read that you were able to find the solution on this thread. Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes