Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with G4 and Connected GPS?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I am considering getting a Charge 3 despite the more I look into Fitbit reviews and discussion boards these devices and their connectivity seem to be nothing but faulty and useless. As well as 85% of the “accepted solutions” here by Fitbit staff which are jokes, copy/paste apologies, and very often do not have one single proposal for a solution in them, lol.

I’ll try anyway: So, since my Moto G4 Plus is not an officially supported device, I read there are a lot of syncing issues for most people. My question is if the connected GPS does still work with a Moto G4 Plus. My guess is no, since it would send GPS data from phone to the tracker via Bluetooth, which doesn’t seem to work (reliably) otherwise there would be no syncing issues, right?

I thought I might even not need to sync to my phone, but could do it via my iPad but there seem to be loads of issues with iOS also, plus, the iOS app is always in portrait mode and doesn’t rotate on the iPad Pro?!! How stupid is this? I see that most people’s priority would be to use the apps on their phones, but it shouldn’t be a problem to rotate the app, no? I use my iPad always with the Smart Keyboard in landscape mode, so the only possibility is to use the Fitbit dashboard in the browser on the iPad?

I don’t need any real-time syncing or notifications on the tracker, but at least the connected GPS should work for me and my device, otherwise it’s really no use. Any of you have first-hand experience with Moto G4 (plus) in that way?

Thanks

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

Allow me to offer some insight on the functionality of the app.

As you have probably read already, as long as the phone fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. The G4 does fulfill those requirements and so I have seen users who haven't had any issues with its usage. However I have also seen the opposite. What I am trying to say is that there is a possibility that it can work.

Some users have also reported that there are some third-party apps that help improve the syncing with Fitbit devices, so there is also that possibility.

In regards to the iPad, since the app has only been developed with a iPhone/iPod version it doesn't have the option to switch to landscape mode. While I understand it is not a solution, or ideal, maybe you could support this suggestion to have the option to switch to landscape mode. You can comment or vote for it to show your support. Also, be sure to read the FAQ if you'd like to know how that board works. 

Hopefully other users will share their experience with their phones.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes