Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to send Friend Request

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recieve this error eveytime

"Failed to send Friend request"
Only one invitation per day is allowed

Common guys , you can do better .

I am not able to add through web or app . i see my friends in the list to add , but for some reason cannot add them .

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi there Android users! I just wanted to stop by to let you know there is a new version for the Fitbit app since our last interaction.

Make sure to review your Google play store to see if the new version is available for you and proceed to install this version. For more details, take a look at this post: Android app version 2.65.1 is now available - 1/25.

At the moment I do not have updates that this version has a fix specifically for this issue, however the update contains stability improvements, so it will worth to give it another try with this version.

Feel free to report any changes and rest assure we continue working to improve this experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi, I'm also experiencing this same error. I have tried all the possible solutions suggested in this thread, but the error still appears.

* I'm an Android user.

* Both the Fitbit and Facebook apps are up to date.

* It happens to every FaceBook friend I have tried to add, so yes I will have tried to add them on multiple occasions. But at different times - on diffrernt days, not more than once per day, as the error suggests.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friend requesting just won't work - just updated the app this morning and still having the same issue. Click to request friend and get the following error: 

"Only one invitation per day is allowed to the same user/email"

Friends also saying they have sent requests and I've just not had them through.

Done the whole clear cache on the phone - even wiped the phone and re-downloaded the app, still no joy.

Tried to add friends using the online login, but can't access Facebook friends - only shows suggested friends section and this only ever seems to include a user I blocked months ago....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @leannes31 and @fabulousbeccaa, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community!  Thank you for reporting this and to all of you, rest assure we haven't forgotten this issue. At the moment our team is still looking into this.

@fabulousbeccaa I took the liberty to merged your post in to this dedicated thread, so you can see the latest updates and progress of this issue.

In the meantime, it would be a great workaround to use the Fitbit.com Dashboard to send friend requests or accept them using the specific email address of your friends' account registered with Fitbit. For more information visit: How do I connect with friends on Fitbit?

I'm still giving follow up to all your concerns and if I got more news I will visiting this thread with more updates.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blown away that months and months later this has yet to be fixed. Not being able to request FB friends makes syncing this with FB pointless. I've done all the "fixes" and still nothing as of this morning. Using a Galaxy S7 Edge.

Best Answer
Same with me. I have a new Samsung Galaxy S7 and it's still doing the exact same thing. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Solved (Partially): Instead of clicking the add button next to their name clock the name itself. It will bring you to their profile and you can select add friend from there.

Should be better but this worked for me this morning with all the users in myFB list.

Best Answer

Hello everyone and good to see you again @matthewrbarnard@Echofox82. Thank you for all your patience and I can understand the frustration after this experience. Rest assure, we haven't forgotten this issue and we are still working to find the source of this error. Note that this problem seems to be isolated as not all users are experiencing the same behavior from the Fitbit app.

By odd that it sounds, this is a great suggestion @Echofox82, how it goes so far? is the issue persisting by doing this workaround?

In the meantime, there is a new version available for the Fitbit app in Android, that I recommend to install. This version will become gradually available to all users. So for more details, please refer to this post.

In your case @matthewrbarnard, including you @fabulousbeccaaI was able to reach out to our Support Team and they confirmed that someone will be getting in touch with you via email to the address in your Community profile within the next 24-48 hours for more details in order to investigate deeper.

As always, as soon I got more details I will let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheers Roberto I've now received the contact email from support - will send them the error log as soon as I am able.

Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work for me. Someone suggested blocking those users to delete the friend requests, unblocking and trying again (did this from the online log in portal) and that didn't seem to work either! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

just a question to the moderator .

Have iOS guys reported the same issue? or is it for only for android users  .

For some reason, i still cant figure out .. is it the fitbit issue or the andorid issue , where is the real problem?

Cheers

Best Answer

HI there @fabulousbeccaa and @Mashk123, my apologies for the late response. 

@fabulousbeccaa thank you for the sending this over and your Android logs were forwarded to Android team for further investigation.

@Mashk123, I haven't seen this issue on iOS, I have consulted with the iOS team and so far there are no reports on this platform.

At the moment I do not have more updates on why is this happening and if this is a bug with the app or something with the Android OS.

As always as soon I got more details, I will let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Echofox82. The workaround worked on Android (OnePlus 5t) Fitbit app .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, if am pressing add friends it will not do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, get this error

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having issues in that I cannot even see my friend, who is a Fitbit user, as a friend to add. Also, when we search for each other we either can't find each other or get an error.

She's an iphone 8, I'm a Samsung Galaxy S20. 

Below is the error I'm getting.

Based on this thread it died in 2018 with no resolution??

Screenshot_20230213_205006.jpg

Best Answer

I am getting the same - I have samsung s21 ultra vs my friend's iPhone (but also no joy on web interface) - I "send" a friend request that does not go through, their app says friend requested (but my side does not recognise it). have also cleared all data etc. not sure if is an iphone vs android thing. I have had fitbit for years - not sure if was something to do when they removed facebook login as I think I had synced some friends from facebook back in 2015 or something??? Cannot see it in facebook

Best Answer

OK so I found a workaround from a similar post (although may only work until 27th march 2023 as Fitbit are removing challenges)

Go to "Discover", scroll to the bottom to "Challenges & Adventures"

Pick a Challenge e.g. "Goal Day" and start it. From here you should be able to add your contacts (if you have allowed the permission) and the other person can accept which automatically adds them to your friends list 🙂

Worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes