Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Just got a software update for my Z flip 4 .did the update and my Luxe is now syncing!!! Hope this isn't a fluke!!

Best Answer

Had the exact same issues with my 11 month old Charge 5 and daughters Inspire 3 (brand new Christmas gift). We both have the Samsung Z flip. 

Best Answer

I don't mean this ugly but it's not a "Samsung" issue ... this apparently is a Google issue and their lack of preparedness for the update 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, the "use another device" kinda pissed me off. Like, no ... I want to use my device for a product I bought to monitor health issues. 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm the new firmware update from Samsung has resolved the issue on my ZFlip3 and Charge 5. Hopefully Fitbit will confirm this themselves with a community post/Tweet.

Best Answer
Hi,

What update is this? The last update showing on my phone is F711BXXU3DVK3 -
which does not solve the problem.

Thanks
--
Akshay
Best Answer

Can confirm the Flip 3 software version I updated to today has fixed the problem with my Charge 5. My version number ends DVL9. Suggest everyone with an issue manually forces an update check from their phone as mine didn't show automatically (I assume it only checks once a month or something).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have F926USQS2EVK7 from 12/13 and it also did not fix the issue. 😭

Best Answer

Could you confirm the version/update you have please?

My flip 4 says its up to date but I still cannot connect to my charge 4.

Screenshot_20221226_083645_Software update.jpg

Best Answer

Wonder if it's a roll out update since not everyone has gotten it.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know, but would guess that Samsung has different software release schedules for different phones.

Looks like it has been fixed for the Flip 3/Charge 5, at least in Europe where I am. Flip 4 and other phone models could potentially be fixed at different times and will probably have different release numbers to the Flip 3. It might also depend on which territory you're in and what Fitbit model you use.

Can only suggest you keep checking your phone updates and ask contributors to this thread to report when they have a fix for their phone/Fitbit combination.

Given this fix looks like it's coming from Samsung, you might want to check on user forums over there if you want information about your phone model releases too.

Best Answer

Same here - Z-Fold 4 s/ware ending BVK3 (latest update Android 13) does not fix the issue with latest version FitBit app - does anyone know if this is purely a software thing or could it be firmware? If the latter, how on earth do you get the firmware update into a product that doesn't connect unless the USB "flat end" contains the mechanism? Very frustrating to see "Found It!"  come up so quickly yet hangs on the "Connecting"

Best Answer
Today i installed the latest update for the flip 3 and luckily everything works fine now.

Verzonden vanaf Outlook voor Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

After installing the new Firmware update for EUX devices ( sold by Samsung in Europe) ending on VL9 the pairing and synchronization works again without hiccups.

Merry Christmas!

Best Answer
0 Votes

UK checking in here - 2x Charge 5's with Samsung Flip 3 5g.

Just done update on both to baseband F711BXXU3DVL9 (search for Software update in settings & it found it), removed it from the temporary Chromebook tablet I have been using and reset up the pairing with Flip phone.

Syncing and notifications working - well done Samsung! Guess all those new Foldables under Christmas trees spurred them on... shame Fitbit didn't sort it but happy it's working!

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer
Thats not showing as an upgrade just the last one F721BXXS1BVKC
Best Answer

That update is not available to me.i wondering if it's possible it's only in the uk yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm in the UK and I can't see that update either, last update was December
and it was F721BXXS1BVKC
Best Answer

Mine works now, have the luxe and z flip 4 there was a phone update so I did it and now my luxe syncs!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like a rolling European type update to me.
I guess the US will have to wait for ours.
Best Answer