Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a persistent notification bar that says "Update Tracker Software," but when I try it immediately goes back tot he previous page, and displays a notification that "Bluetooth is busy." I have updated the phone, and tried multiple times but it just won't go. Please help. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Forums @EPope!

Thanks for bringing this up. It is possible that the Bluetooth is causing some interference. Do you have any Bluetooth device other than your Fitbit linked to your Fitbit? If so, please make sure that it is not around when you try to download the update. 

If that doesn't work, you can also run the setup on your Fitbit once again. That should automatically download the latest firmware onto the Fitbit.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I ended up going to the Play Store, where I found that I could update my app. It seems to have worked. 

Best Answer

Hey @EPope.

That is good to read, thanks for letting me know.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics in there. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update my fit-bit has not been recording my heart-rate regularly, during exercise. I'm wondering if it is the sweat causing the problem. Have you heard of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @EPope.

Not directly, no. But there is a chance that the sweat could cause the reading to be wrong or to not be any reading at all. My suggestions would be to try and clean the HR sensor with a damp piece of cloth and then dry it. Try using it then and it should improve

Adding to that, tightening the strap and wearing a sweatband on that arm could definitely help with the HR sensor.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes