Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit App hurting my phone's battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Saw a different thread on this topic, but the Reply feature was not working. I can't turn off the All Day Sync, and it's hurting my phone's battery life. 

FitBit says, "The Fitbit app needs to run in the background to keep you connected with certain Fitbit app features such as connected GPS, and app notifications from your phone."

This is ridiculous! I do NOT want or need connected GPS, or app notifications from my phone. That means I do NOT need the FitBit App running in the background all the time and hurting my phone's battery life. I'll no longer be using FitBit until they restore the ability to turn off All Day Sync. The user should get to decide if we need it the App running on our phone all the time using our phone's battery, not FitBit. 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@JenniferJBS, have you looked in your phone's settings for the amount of battery usage the Fitbit app is consuming?  I just looked at mine, and the Fitbit app has used 1.1% after running i Background mode for 7 hr 52 min.  That is very insignificant usage of the phone battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes