Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR doesn't track outdoor bike tours anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Almost every day I have a bike tour to my work from about 25 minutes. Previous this tours were tracked and logged as a exercise (my goal: 5 days weekly exercise, with f.e. auto recognized exercise: 10+ minutes Outdoor Bike). This last week after syncing, the section Exercise only shows 'heavy' exercise, like my aerobic workouts. The outdoor bike tours aren't logged anymore. On the other hand today the app does show 18 minutes activity (with was the outdoor biking trip to my work). So Fitbit does some tracking. Any idea why this trips aren't logged in the exercise section anymore? 

I already logged out, cleared the cache and restarted the phone, but this doesn't seem to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Anba8, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Certainly this is not an expected behavior although with the SmartTrack feature it will depend on the motion pattern read by your tracker to determine the type of exercise.

The suggestions I can share with you would be to try a restart on your tracker if is not reading your outdoor bike activity:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

The other option to try is to increase the time of Aerobic workout so your tracker can detect first outdoor bike activity.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Exercise tile. 
  2. Tap or click the gear icon, modify the time and sync your tracker.

The other alternative would be to categorized your exercise:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Exercise tile.
  2. In your exercise history, tap or click the exercise you want to categorize.
  3. Tap or click the pencil icon and search for the name you prefer.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you much. I'm going to try your suggestions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes