Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Always Connected

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, 

I have been using Fitbit Flex 2 for a little over three years now. After the last Android upgrade, my phone started to collect data from my tracker without opening the app. I made sure the "Always Connected" option was off (I also tried to toggle it on and off many times to see if it made a difference. it didn't). I tried removing all of the app permissions and so on, but nothing helped. The tracker still communicates with the app even when the app is not in use. Of course, this drains the battery of both the tracker and the phone. I tried to find a solution online, but I couldn't. Does anyone else have the same issue after the last update? Did you find a solution? 

Thank you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's probably the removal of the "all day sync" option that's affecting you. Fitbit say:

"To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app on Android phones. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life."

from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It's probably the removal of the "all day sync" option that's affecting you. Fitbit say:

"To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app on Android phones. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life."

from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877

Best Answer
0 Votes