Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App crashing on load

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I recently got a Fitbit Alta HR. I've set up the app and it seems to run fine until the next day, when trying to load the app will result in a crash and return to my phone's home screen.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and rebooting my phone which doesn't solve this issue. My phone is a Xiaomi Mi5s, running on version NRD90M.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @walkingwalker, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. In this case you have tried a possible solution to this odd behavior of the app. However is important to mention the Xiaomi Mi5 still is not listed as compatible in our list of supported devices

In the case with no compatible devices the app is not optimized to work as is intended, however since nowadays many devices are built with the same core specifications, in some scenarios the app will work with no troubles, but we cannot grantee its behavior in relation to the app or feature functionality.

Something additional you can try, is to log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and hope this helps. Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @walkingwalker, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. In this case you have tried a possible solution to this odd behavior of the app. However is important to mention the Xiaomi Mi5 still is not listed as compatible in our list of supported devices

In the case with no compatible devices the app is not optimized to work as is intended, however since nowadays many devices are built with the same core specifications, in some scenarios the app will work with no troubles, but we cannot grantee its behavior in relation to the app or feature functionality.

Something additional you can try, is to log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and hope this helps. Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your help. I tried the steps you described but couldn't force stop the app as that option was greyed out. Loading the app now works, thank you! I had previously uninstalled, restarted the phone, and then re-installed the app, but that didn't fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes