Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App is showing a lot of old notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This behavior stopped for a while, but resumed recently. Twice in the last couple of weeks, my Fitbit app showed I had 99 notifications in the app/inbox. All of them were old discussion threads from over a year ago. As best I can tell, both times this happened when my Charge 5 wouldn't sync with the app until later in the day.

It's bad enough to have to delete old messages, but having to delete them one at a time is insufferable. Especially when the app dies after deleting 20-some messages.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@charleskn I would agree the old message issue seemed to be resolved there for awhile and oddly rear it’s ugly head again. I haven’t seen any rhyme or reason for the behavior to return. But, wow 99 messages is a lot…😃 your quite popular. 

Deleting them one at a time are daunting 😖

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner LOL, I am not THAT popular, and there were actually more (I believe) than 99 notifications. I have a suspicion that 99 is the largest number the app will display.

The number of messages has multiple sources, IMO:

• Some notifications are more than a year old
  • Many of the notifications are repeated
  • You get all the notifications from other people that commented/cheered the same post

This is problematic for Fitbit as a platform, IMO, because as a user I hate to have to delete all the notifications, so I avoid cheering or commenting on posts for many users to avoid getting notifications I don't care about. I believe I suggested, some time ago, that Fitbit needs some fine tuning of what notifications a user receives from posts they have cheered or commented on. 

• I don't care to be notified that someone (friend vs non-friend???) has cheered or commented on a post, that I cheered or commented on

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you completely @charleskn! It’s very problematic. I’ve gotten about 25 of them today (some yesterday as well) All of the very old notifications and yes even repeated ones.

Its been addressed before in the past but no solution as of yet: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Charge-Trackers/Old-notifications-still-showing-on-Fitbit-app/...

☝️😒There’s other threads similar to that one….I’m just afraid there’s no room here to link them all here in one place. Sad

Best Answer