Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - syncing works fine, but Friends list is empty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using a Fitbit Charge 2 for a year without any issues. Today I got a Fitbit 3 Charge. After setting it up and syncing it, my friends list remains empty in the Android app. It greets me with "More fun with friends". The friends list works perfectly in the web-dashboard.

My friends are able to see my progress, and all data is synced correctly between the Charge 3 and the app.

I have tried the following:

- Restarting The Fitbit

- Clearing Fitbit app data and cache

- Reinstalling Fitibit app

So, everything seems to work fine with data syncing both ways, but the friends list in the app remains empty (even if it shows correctly in the web-dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Additional info: If a friend invite me to a challenge, he shows up under Challenges, but still not in the friend list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Additional info: All my friends shows up under account info in the app, but still not under Friends, so I can still not compare progress with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been troubleshooting this for hours. Only workaround I have found is to uninstall the latest version and then install a previous version of the Fitbit app (install files are available on different sites, but it's not allowed to link to them here). Log out and log in, and problem is solved.

Problem is reintroduced as soon as you upgrade the app, so you need to turn off auto-update until they have fixed the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes