Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit/Pebble

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I know this sounds dumb but I did it. I purchased Pebble Time Steel...why? Well I know Fitbit brought out Pebble and that eventually pebble watches will brick as operating systems like Apple and android keep updating... however I believe with pebble time steel being water proof and up to 10 days battery life and the sports/fitness and all the smart watch functions the price was worth it while I wait for pebble/Fitbit developers to make something better. I realise Fitbit started as health monitor but Pebble really did great with their watches on the smart watch side and health monitoring that pebble incorporated was enough for me. I'm looking forward to see what Fitbit can come up with now that they have pebble developers working with them. 

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@LanuzaFitbitwrote:

Hey @DyB!

I really appreciate the feedback and the great experiences that you're sharing. Whenever we do have anything specific to announce regarding Pebble, we'll be sure to let everyone know. At this moment, however, we do not have any news on the matter.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Thank you gor the add
Thankb

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but the ionic pretty much solves my problems, as soon as I saved up
I'll be getting one...
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Nokia 8 phone updated to Android 9 so I was introduced to Fitbit's Android 9 syncing issues. Fitbit Versa stopped syncing and after resetting and reinstalling everything I can think of, setting up the device fails as well.

I followed these steps to solve the issue:

1. Abandon Fitbit
  2. Fetch Pebble Time from the closet
  3. Install Rebble on it
  4. Enjoy a smartwatch with reliable notifications, always-on display, responsive physical buttons and multiple watchfaces installed on the device itself.

Life is good again.

Fitbit's Android 9 issues (which according to the thread have lasted for five months now) helped me rediscover my love for Pebble and taught me to be careful before buying another Fitbit product in the future.

So, thanks Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes