Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app 3.37.1 crash on Huawei P30 Pro -

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Installed fitbit app (version 3.37.1) on my Huawei P30 pro three days ago, connected with new purchased fitbit Sense OK and it works. I can reopen it shortly after I close it.
However, the app cannot be opened after it closed for 1-2 hours or more. When try to open it, only an empty page with "fitbit" and icon is displayed for 3 seconds, then it shuts down.
If leave the app open, it shuts down by itself within several hours without notice. Then it cannot be opened in the same way as described above.

Tried disconnect and reconnect bluetooth; reboot the phone; set all permissions for the app Allowed in phone setting; force close the app; clean the app cache - no luck.
The app can reopen only after uninstall then reinstall it. Then the problem repeats. Any ideas to resolve it will be greatly appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Read Fitbit community posts and noticed the app started to have sync issue with Huawei P30 for a few latest releases, so I tried and installed version 3.30 on P30 pro, and it works fine without crash or sync problem. Thank you again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the club. You're not alone in it.

No solution so far. Only installing an old version of the application could help, they say. If you feel like downloading it from a 3rd party source 💁‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @jw0212.

Thanks for the details that were shared in your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps before bringing your concern to our attention, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team informed me that they already provided you assistance to resolve your issue. That being said, my best advice for you at this moment will be to contact them back if further assistance is needed or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Unfortunately I don’t have access to such information to accordingly assist you.

@Blazhevic Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and an alternative solution to fix this situation.

I'll be here if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Read Fitbit community posts and noticed the app started to have sync issue with Huawei P30 for a few latest releases, so I tried and installed version 3.30 on P30 pro, and it works fine without crash or sync problem. Thank you again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Chatted about the issue on fitbit website with Corneilll of fitbit support, and he said he will be forwarding this case to the fitbit higher support. I have not heard from the fitbit support yet. Since the issue occurred only from the latest release(s), and it is easy to reproduce, hope fitbit development team can resolve it in the next release. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @jw0212, your reply is also appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device and the information that was shared by our Customer Support team. Since you already received assistance from them, I’d suggest you to contact them back if further assistance is needed or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi jw0212,

Where did get the older version from?

Thanks,

Henry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Blazhevic,  

Unfortunately the download links I put here are always rejected by this board since the link contains some words not allowed in in this community. You can google search fitbit app 3.30  to find a few sites that can download.

RichardFitbit,

I cannot change app voice assistant setting which is fixed to Alexa. Does this version (3.30) only supports  Alexa, but not google assistant? 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes