Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app adds steps at midnight - Using Pixel 2 watch

I am a very long user of Fitbit products and have a new problem. My app occasionally adds thousands of steps at in the early morning hours. I use a Pixel 2 watch and have actually just gotten a replacement watch through warranty for this problem but it persists. So it is not the watch, it is the app. I use an Android/Pixel phone so integration should be great. I have restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled app - no help. I see this similar topic occurring in 2020 and 2022 but have not found any solution. Fitbit and Google help are pitiful and clueless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Phone app Today screen battery icon at top left takes you to  "Connected to Fitbit" screen.
If Phone is listed as a connected device, remove it.  Will probably prevent this in the future.

That is a Fitbit "feature" (with a name I keep forgetting) meant to allow you to track steps with your phone when not wearing tracker, but seems to often cause problems by adding many thousands, or tens of thousands or more, of steps unexpectedly, usually in early morning.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Unfortunately that is something the Help desk recommended too. I just double checked and my phone is not connected. The only device connected is my Pixel watch. Sigh.

Dena L Jackson, PhD
Best Answer
0 Votes

@denaj707 wrote:
Thank you. Unfortunately that is something the Help desk recommended too. I just double checked and my phone is not connected. The only device connected is my Pixel watch. Sigh.

Dena L Jackson, PhD

Sorry.  That's all I've got.  Unless perhaps you don't wear it at night and leave it somewhere subject to vibrations, but I expect you would have figured that out, and it would he more regular.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, it even happens when I am charging it. Very weird.

I guess I will just enjoy making my steps before noon every day!

Thank you for writing!

Dena L Jackson, PhD
Best Answer
0 Votes