Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought the versa and had to do an upgrade on the app, since then, it is draining my battery!!. Force stopping it seems to be the only solution. How can I make this stop? Is there a Permanente fix? 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I'm experiencing the same issue. I also have disabled the "all day sync" option, so I know that's not the issue. My phone has been connected to the charger for over 3 hours, and my battery has actually drained by 3 percent. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm a new fitbit user, and the Versa is my first fitbit device. The issue has persisted for the past two days, ever since I downloaded the fitbit android app.

I do have an older phone (samsung galaxy note 4), but it is updated to the most recent version of android, and I've never experienced this with any other android app.

Best Answer

Try rebooting. If that doesn't work, uninstall the app, and reboot again. Then wait a day b4 reinstalling it, to see if the problem is actually the app.

Best Answer

Hello, I did as instructed.  While the app was uninstalled ,my phone was no longer draining or over heating. I just reinstalled it and immediately got hot and drained 7% in the last 20 mins. I need an immediate fix on this

Best Answer

Same issue. Version 2.70 on a Galaxy S7 is constantly causing phone to get hot, sluggish, and drain the battery.  According to the Battery usage, the CPU total is constantly going up. It is using the CPU constantly and is actually using more power than the android OS.  I have 2 phones (one is mine, the other is my wife's).  Both are S7's. We both have an IONIC.  Same updates.  Mine is fine, her's is the one with the battery issue.  Something has triggered a bug.  Please let me know what info would help with diagnose this issue.

Uninstall the application > everything returns to normal.

Reinstall application > issue comes back.  Turning off the "always connected" doesn't seem to make a difference.  We need to get this fixed asap, and i hate that it is putting stress on the battery in a phone that the battery is not replaceable. I need to get this fixed before this weekend.

I'm an IT guy, so if you want help with providing logs or something, please let me know.

Best Answer

There haven't been any more posts. But we were heading out of town, so uninstalled the app and removed/"forgot" the bluetooth connections on the phone.  After 1-2 days with the phone having a couple reboots and the watch rebooted, we have reinstalled the fitbit app.  It is now functioning correctly.  I don't know what the cause was, and i wish i had some diagnostic logs to look through, but I don't.  Fingers are crossed and over the last couple days battery life has been normal, and when looking at the CPU time in the battery monitor, it reports normal.  Before it was constantly using CPU every second, even after killing the app, it would come back.  Note: early i tried clearing all the app cache, and I even cleared the cache from the android recovery console.  I don't think clearing the cache had anything to do with it.  I hope the user has better luck, and I wish fitbit would of reached out about the issue. But maybe since no one else chimed in on this thread, they figured the issue was related to our devices or unique setups.  Anyways, I guess try removing and unlinking everything you can think of, then hope after a day you can reinstall.

Best Answer

Now my Fitbit Versa which is only a month old has started doing the same thing and draining the battery and using up the CPU and getting hot! This only started happening in last 2 days!! Sooo disappointed FITBIT!! I researched all the different fitness trackers and was so happy with my Versa choice- until this has started happening on my Samsung S8!!!   HELP please or I will have to take this further as it looks like its not just my phone but a common problem so IT NEEDS to be addressed with us - ASAP. Thank you. I will be waiting for your response.

Best Answer

I've been using Fitbit Charge HR and HR 2 perfectly fine for couple of years but now after getting Fitbit Versa my Galaxy S8's battery is draining super fast. 

I don't have bluetooth enabled and even the Fitbit app shouldn't be running but I still keep getting notices time after time that Fitbit app is overloading my CPU and it tries to force close it but it doesn't help.

What the hell is going on?

Best Answer

same here, it started yesterday - I get messages that the fitibit app is overloading the CPU. Please share a solution as soon as possible.

Best Answer

I ended up uninstalling the application for now as the constant strain on the phone / battery might damage the device.

Best Answer

I am having exactly the same thing.

I get warnings almost every hour saying fitbit is overloading the CPU and to shut it, but it comes back an hour later.

I also have intermittent crashing even when i have not been using the app

Best Answer

For those that have posted to this thread recently, it might be that you are being impacted by a known bug that's causing high battery drain and data usage. Keep an eye on the following thread that has the latest updates from fitbit: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/High-Cellular-Data-Usage-In-The-Background/td-p/2808875

Best Answer

Same problem here with my LG G6 and ionic. Nothing I can do stops the phone overheating. Only uninstalling solves it. Which really isn't want I wanted.

Best Answer