Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app immediately closes itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 4 working fine since 2021, synched with app on an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet since 2021. Has worked fine until yesterday, when the app opens and then immediately closes itself.

Have rebooted the tablet several times. all other apps working OK, deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app but same thing happens.

I have old previous versions of FItbit app on older phones (Android 6) that are working OK.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @iankestin , the app for the Amazon Fire was not made or supported by Fitbit.  It is an adaptation of the Fitbit app made by Amazon.  No Fitbit device is officially listed as being compatible with any of the Kindle Fire versions.

I understand that it used to work, and suddenly isn’t, but I don’t think you will be able to get much help here.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I did not know that Amazon had a 'version' of the Fitbit app. I had side loaded Google Play onto the tablet and then obtained the Fitbit app from there. I will maybe try to see if the Amazon app will work. or side load an older version of the app. Thanks anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iankestinsomeone just posted about this the other day and he seems to have got an older Fitbit going, I think using a side load, but I am not sure.  I did a search for his post, but haven’t found it.  His was an older device (Charge 2, I think).  Amazon stopped updating their version of the Fitbit app a few years ago.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes