Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app issues, not syncing (Ionic)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a current issue with the Fifbit app?   I have been having syncing issues and have been having troubles with my Ionic syncing since yesterday (4/12) @ 2PM CST.  I've restarted my Ionic, restarted my Bluetooth, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, removed the Ionic from the app and resync it (which, took quite a while, but it did finally sync after doing that last night, but now it will not sync again).  If there is an app issue I'll be patient, but I have a Samsung tablet and Samsung S8 and neither will sync with my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @ChristinaH7712, nice to see you around. No, at the moments there are no report the app is failing  at the moment to sync. Thank you for all the troubleshooting steps you have tried already.

Since you mentioned about reinstalling the app, that means you have the most recent version. So, lets try to reset the app itself: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

As a matter of review, I'm going to share with you the following thread for more help: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had problems syncing since I received my Ionic last year. Many things were tried from the community here, but using the old dongle from the Surge was the only thing that always worked. When the update came around, I decided to try syncing with my android phone again (like it should). It worked at first and thought it fixed the problem. Then, it stopped again. Trying not to get beat again, the app was deleted and reinstalled on my Nexus 6P. This time it said something about Location Permissions that I did not see before. Location Permissions are normally turned off on my phone, so I turned it on. Voila! It syncs like it should every time (for a few days). I found it mentioned in some old post - after I already found it. Please check that your Fitbit app has location permission turned on and see if it works.

Best Answer