Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing when i try to view my sleep record

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

every time i try to view my sleep history by clicking on the sleep tab, the app crashes.

this is the only one of the items in the app that crashes, i can check my steps, calories, excercise, etc. but when ever i try to view my sleep history the app crashes on me.

i've tried the normal power cycling steps. 

i've even deleted and reinstalled the app.

nothing works and the thing keeps crashing on me.

how do i fix this?

or rather, with the amount of money i paid for this fitbit blaze, i shouldn't be having this kind of issue to begin with

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi there @CapNKirkland, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! After reading your post that the app is crashing I can assume the app is not updated to the last version. Usually when this behavior is present in the app is related to an outdated version, so my recommendation is to review which version you have installed.

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

In the past weeks new versions has been released of the Fitbit app for Android, so take a look at this post for more details: Android app version 2.65.1 is now available - 1/25.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

2.56 (2193156)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME updated.

still crashing.

now it loads the sleep history for 1-2 seconds then crashes again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @CapNKirkland, please accept my apologies for the late response. After our last interaction a new version was released which is now 2.66. which I'm sure you have this version already, so I have to ask if the issue still persists?

If it does, it might be require to rest your app after the update:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you around and don't hesitate to keep me posted.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoFitbit.  i've tried all of that, and its still crashing when i open the sleep tab

Best Answer

Hi there @CapNKirkland, thank you for letting me know the suggestions did not help to address the issue. I will pass forward your comments to our teams to keep an eye on this. 

Additionally, keep in mind to update the Fitbit app. This week was released  a new version that gradually will be come available to all users: Android app version 2.67 is now available - 2/27.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently started using fitbit and the app (last week). I am experiencing exactly the same issue. The sleep section opened for the first couple of days I was using it but now the app crashes every time. It's only when you try to open the sleep section. I have the app version 2.67. I tried re-installing etc as per the advice above but still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @snne and @jrm523, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! if you still have issues with the app and keep crashing, I want to recommend to review the version of the Fitbit app again, as we have been releasing new updates during the previous week, which contain stability improvements. For more details please refer to this post.

If after the new update the issue persists, please try to reset the app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! After this recent update the sleep component is now functioning again. 

Best Answer

Its been weeks now since i made this thread.

I gave up on the frustration and left the app alone as my issue was NEVER resolved.

So i tried again today.

My phone (samsung galaxy s 7 edge) is fully updated to the latest software.

The fitbit app is updated to the latesr version 2.72.1 

The app is STILL crashing when i try to open the sleep logs

Once this fitbit blaze breaks i can safely say i wont be buying another. 150$ is not worth any smartwatch if it has even one broken part of its advertised function

Best Answer

seeing as how there has been no response or attempt to resolve this issue, aswell as seeing many other service issues via other threads.

i'm convinced that i'll never get another fitbit.

Best Answer

I tried to restart it, delelte and install and I clear data and cache and it still hasnt done me any good. I would really like to see how im sleeping but sadly nothing has been resolved. Fitbit has been a waste of my time. (I have a Samsung galaxy s7)  

Best Answer

i wouldn't get your hopes up. they're already have our money. they're not interested in fixing their products

Best Answer

the sleep add used to work for me until a month ago. I have installed new versions, logged out, force stopped, deleted cache and data and like the other people when I try to view sleep logs on my T-Mobile LG V20 up to data. It crashes and says open app again or report logs. I have reported logs and tried to restart. Nothing will make the sleep logs show. All other logs show. 

This is very annoying as this is what I got the fitbit for. 

It worked fine for over a year. 

Fitbit, any advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes