Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app losing state on login

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello All,

I got versa 3 and android fitbit app on android 12. Each time I login to Fitbit app I lose the state to some settings. For example, I have to setup Google assistant again, also tooltips in app popups again. This is extra annoying because I also have kids Fitbits (family view) and I switch to their view often. Each time I switch back to mine I have to setup Google assistant etc.

Try it yourself.

- setup Google assistant

- logout from Fitbit app and login again

- you now have to setup assistant again

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Perojok Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the detailed explanation and the steps to reproduce. 

After using the apps for a long time I can assure that some connections need to be reestablished after you log out. I always thought that it was done because the user might now log in with another account on the same smartphone, so all features related to the smartphone would be reset so that the new account can use them as well. That was my conclusion at the time. 

However, the fact that it also happens when you are changing to kid view and back, it is tedious. I think this is intended behaviour, whenever you log out. I understand you are not deliberately logging out when changing to kid view and back, but it seems that the app interprets that as a log out, therefore some settings are reset. I will be reporting this and let you know once I have more information. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes