Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not tracking days of exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During the week of March 22nd, the app stopped recognizing days of exercise.  It still counts the minutes I exercised and adjusts my calories appropriately, but doesn't give me credit for exercising on that day.  I use a Flex2 and Pixel 4.  My app is up to date and I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  This is very annoying!

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @LAinWLA, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

After completing the above steps, please restart your Flex 2 and let me know if the issue persists. This way we will be able to determine if the issue is related to your device not recording the activity or not syncing it with the Fitbit app.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo, as I said in my post, this started during the week of March 22nd.  The app has failed to automatically record any days of exercise since then, with maybe two exceptions.  Also as I said in my post, I have updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it.  I assume that uninstalling has the same effect as forcing the app to quit but if not I will try it all again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had a similar problem with my charge 3 some months ago, didn't know what to do. Asked at the store (Decathlon) and they said I could try a hard reset by connecting it to my laptop and folliwing some simple steps (just Google that part). And it worked 🙂 sometimes uninstalling is not enough 🤷🏼‍:female_sign: good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say: "a hard reset by connecting it to my laptop" - what "IT" are you referring to?  The fitbit device, or my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes