Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not working - Down for maintenance error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can not respond to notifications, I have friend requests I can not accept, I can not sync. I am using a Samsung galaxy S7. I have uninstalled app restarted phone then reinstalled app. This is the message that appears every time I try to respond to notifications.Screenshot_20180623-160607_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Shellzie, good to see here in the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response and I saw you are having troubles with the Fitbit app. Thank you for sharing a screenshot of the issue.

Some app crashes, might be related due to the app is not able to connect to the Internet. So try to turn On and Off your WiFi or your mobile data and try again.

If the issue continue, please try to reset the cache of the app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version). Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again. This will help you to address the error and the issue with the friend requests.

If is not syncing, additionally to the previous step, try these suggestions: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the delay I have been on holiday, I have the S9 arriving today so i will be using that from today I will wait and see how it works on there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME I have tried everything you suggested on my S7 and now my S9 is doing the same thing, tried the same with the S9 and still no luck, this is what I'm now getting on both phones, the friend request I have tried to accept ignore and even block but it still remains there.20180630_163049.jpg

20180701_121403.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Shellzie, thanks for getting back and keep me posted. I appreciate the time you took to upload a screenshot to have a closer look. How it goes the issue to access the Fitbit app? Is still showing the same error?

Now, If you are seeing an error: "Could not load notifications", in this case you are experiencing an issues that is under investigation. I'm waiting for more updates to report, but you can refer to this thread to be aware of the progress while our team work to have a future fix: In-App notifications error: "Notifications could not load".

Also there were some changes with in-App notifications that I wanted to take the chance to let you know, For more information please refer to this post: Update 6/26/2018: In-app Notifications no longer in Notification Center.

See you later and hope this helps in the meantime.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes