Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup issues with Galaxy J3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit charge 2 my phone is a samsung j3 it scans and picks up the fitbit but will not pair,if I go to the fitbit app it gives me the 4 digit code and starts to connect but never does.any help please .

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi

Feel free restarting your Charge 2 and optionally your phone. Afterwards the tracker can be hopefully linked to your account.

Fitbit Article: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried this but it does not work.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hope this article does the magic: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

*Fingers Crossed*

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have restarted my phone and the fitbit and my phone is locating my device but will not pair up to my phone.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You, since having tried everything possible, if recently bought at a local store,  fastest to exchange your tracker at the store with receipt.

If purchased from Fitbit or feeling more comfortable contacting the support team, it’s possible to contact them from the official contact page:

Fitbit Support Contact Page

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get it working? I have the same problem with my Sony. Getting really frustrated  Feel like throwing out my charge 2 soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it is still not pairing up to my phone it did when I first hot it but stopped recording steps so I restarted the app and my watch and now it won't pair up with phone.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a j3 2017 model but my phone isn't syncing with my Fitbit charge 2 it gets to the connection stage but that is all it doing....I have put in the 4 digit number it asked for but nothing else and all I want to do it add it to my new phone and change the time and date on the Fitbit 

@Marj71 wrote:
No it is still not pairing up to my phone it did when I first hot it but stopped recording steps so I restarted the app and my watch and now it won't pair up with phone.

Get Outlook for Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's what mine is doing but it won't pair up to the Bluetooth on my phone it picks up the charge 2 but not pair so it won't connect on app get 4 digit code but won't connect.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit support team via chat. They said there isn't a program yet for my Sony Xperia XZ Premium so they can't guarantee the fitbit to sync. Trouble shooted and it didn't work. So I'm left with a charge 2 that I can no longer use.

They can't tell me when a program will be written for my phone which isn't even new. Last year model release. Frustrated. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

As it has been mentioned, there might be some issues with phones that are currently not on the supported devices list. Our team is aware of the need to expand the list and as soon as we have any news on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know.

Keep in mind that while the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hey , I'm also having problem with my Galaxy A8 phone. What could be the reason I'm using fitbit from Asia and my phone is also Asia version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Fit it said they don't have a program yet that supports my phone. So at the moment there is no solution and my charge 2 is back in the box unless I get a compatible phone.. Contact fitbit support team

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Piggyfit. Welcome to the Forums @nooxm123.

As I mentioned above, we cannot guarantee that phones not on the list will work 100% of the time. Be sure to try the steps I suggested above.

Whenever we have any news on the matter about expanding the compatibility list, we will let everyone know.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer