Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit hr recording exercise minutes when just walking round house. What's wrong here?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit hr recording exercise minutes when just walking round house. What's wrong here? Why is this happening? Anyone got an idea?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It is apparently detecting that by auto-recognition.  If you don't want to count that as exercise (I do consider it exercise but that's your choice), from phone dashboard, click on days exercise tile, then the gear icon near top right. It will show all the auto-recognized activities and the minimum time for it to count as an exercise session.  You can change the minimum time for 10 to 90 minutes, or turn it off to never be recognized.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Yes I know this and have all my exercise parameters at 10 minutes plus. So according to what you're saying,  it's picking up every minute I walk regardless of  it being successive steps or not. So for example walking for 2 minutes in house then resting for 15 mins then walking another 2 will pick up 4 minutes of exercise. It wasn't doing this before. I've not changed settings. It's just not being consistent.  Today I've been walking round house and it's picked up no minutes exercise. I suspect it's going a little haywire. I've had it a year now...perhaps it's just not working as well as it used to. I've worn it practically everyday since I got it. It makes no sense that it records minutes of exercise sometimes and then not others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then disregard my answer.  You just said walking around the house.  I didn't know that it was so non-continuous.  And without your saying that it is working differently now, it sounded to me as if you had just gotten it and were trying to figure out how it works.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer