Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi
Since the last Fitbit update, my alta Fitbit has stopped syncing with the mobile app installed in One plus 2 mobile phone.
I see the Fitbit band capturing all the data, but not syncing since a say and a half now.
How to resolve the same? I alhave already tried restarting my band and phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @IndianWalker welcome to the Fitbit Community!  I was reviewing the list of compatible syncing devices and noticed that the One plus 2 is not listed. I noticed you mentioned you have already restarted the tracker and your phone but please try one more time to: 

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. If the tracker doesn't sync, quit the app again and try turning Bluetooth off and on.
  3. Reopen the app once more. If the tracker doesn't sync, try again after rebooting your mobile device.
  4. If your tracker doesn't sync, try again after restarting your tracker.
  5. Lastly, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Let me know if this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @IndianWalker welcome to the Fitbit Community!  I was reviewing the list of compatible syncing devices and noticed that the One plus 2 is not listed. I noticed you mentioned you have already restarted the tracker and your phone but please try one more time to: 

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. If the tracker doesn't sync, quit the app again and try turning Bluetooth off and on.
  3. Reopen the app once more. If the tracker doesn't sync, try again after rebooting your mobile device.
  4. If your tracker doesn't sync, try again after restarting your tracker.
  5. Lastly, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Let me know if this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try all the options that you suggested, but it didnt work. What worked is that i deleted Alta as the saved bluetooth device and added it again. The device then synced smoothly within 5 seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all suggestions in help and nothing works. Checked compatibility with my Samsung galaxy s6. Uninstalled all data removed flex2 from Bluetooth device list & still it will not sync. Checked charge on flex2.

Note: it was synced but during thr course of the day something has gone wrong. 

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @ChelsAus31. Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. I would like to know if you keep having problems syncing your tracker? If you do, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team, for a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Alta not syncing with android phone. The band is registering data & is fully charged. I've tried all typical remedies including, restarting ap, phone, updated ap & even uninstalling & reinstalling ap. None work. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
@ct75 wrote:

Fitbit Alta not syncing with android phone. The band is registering data & is fully charged. I've tried all typical remedies including, restarting ap, phone, updated ap & even uninstalling & reinstalling ap. None work. Any other suggestions?

Mine hasn't been syncing since about noon today--Alta with Samsung Galaxy S7.  Phone is entirely up to date, and my band is working fine.  I'm wondering if there's an issue with the fitbit app today?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks phimuliz. Could be a problem with Fitbit.com
Mine quit about midday Monday!
Ct75
Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @ct75 and @phimuliz. If your trackers are not syncing, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. After these steps your trackers should sync.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, I've tried all of that at least 3 times.
Still not syncing!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here--I tried everything, and it's still not syncing.  This is really irritating me because everything had been working fine since I got my Fitbit LAST FRIDAY.  I don't think a factory reset should be necessary so early on, do you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Phone seemed to be having multiple issues. (Galaxy S6) Uninstalled Fitbit App, phone was fine. Reinstalled Fitbit app and got one (half) sync out of it and its back to the same error. (Sync is scheduled and wil begin shortly.) Installed app on a Win 10 laptop and have the same problem. Have only had this Flex 2 for 2 weeks. Push an update and fix this please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Finally, a solution for my Fitbit alta not syncing. I thought I would try
connecting my android phone to wifi. Boom - connected to Fitbit.com
immediately. Problem resolved! Go figure!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ct75, glad you got it to sync. Apparently you didn't have good cell service at the time, and WiFi fixed that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ty...I was having the same issues...Just unpaired blue tooth and added back in...Now has updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue has finally been resolved. I tried disconnecting & reconnecting to
Bluetooth several times to no avail. What worked for me was connecting to
wifi.
Thx.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had many, many frustrations with not syncing; I upgraded from the original Flex to Flex 2 for this reason but Flex 2 was even worse, not syncing for days at a time; I complained to FitBit and am now on my 3rd Flex 2 (with 2 being replaced by FitBit).  (After going through all their recommended ways of fixes it multiple times with no improvement). The weird thing is, usually after I've complained it 'magically' starts working properly - is it possible for FitBit to make some adjustment to my device remotely?  I really wish I'd kept a proper record of this - perhaps it's just a weird coincidence, but I'd guess that having communicated with FitBit support about 15 times, approx 10 times it's started working properly within an hour or two, even if it hasn't synced for more than a week.

Best Answer

My phone is a motog5 and is not listed in supported devices. How can I sync? 

Best Answer
0 Votes