Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit reading steps inaccurately...too high

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is happened for the 2nd morning. Last night I plugged in my fit bit charge. Put it on this morning, synced it, and already had 2100 steps. I don't know what's wrong. This happened yesterday morning as well, and I had not charged it. There was no need. Just got out of bed and 5 minutes later had over 2000 steps.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update @Mamakat35.

It's good to hear that it is working correctly for now. Please keep an eye on it and if you notice it happening again, please let me know.

If you have any further questions feel free to reach out.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Mamakat35.

That can be quite bothersome. 

There are some reasons why this could be happening:

• Do you have a fan, or sleep with your windows open? If so, the wind could be hitting the tracker and making it believe that you are moving because of the wind that hits it. 
  • When it is charging, where exactly is it? Is it on the air or does it rest against a surface? If it is in the air, any sort of movement could cause it to think you were walking.
  • Also, could any of those steps be form after midnight? Keep in mind that the trackers reset at exactly midnight.

Let me know if none of the above could be causing the steps or if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
When recharging, it is on a bookshelf. I did notice it has my sleep time
starting at weird times. Like 7:44am to 4:30pm. TOTALLY not right.

I finally completely logged out and back in and so far it seems to be ok.
Thank you for replying.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Mamakat35.

It's good to hear that it is working correctly for now. Please keep an eye on it and if you notice it happening again, please let me know.

If you have any further questions feel free to reach out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue for the last few months. After my job in the morning, the count on my Charge 5 does not match the count on my app. After the sync, the step count on my watch matches the count on the app. For example, this morning, my watch had 5,600 step but my map had 35,000 steps. What do you recommand?

Best Answer
0 Votes