Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit with Samsung Gear Watches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one of those new Samsung Gear watches for more formal events (my Charge HR won't cut it).

I'm wondering if there is a way to have the steps logged by the Gear automatically show up in my Fitbit dashboard. I want to continue using it because that's where I have everything stored for quite some time now.

Is there an app or a way of syncing the Gear data into Fitbit?

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64
I been wearing both. The thing is I cant find anyone to do challenges with.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer

Hello @Kc2fht@Scott-Jenkins, and @PMSlade.

It is my understanding that there are third party apps that allow Fitbit to sync to Apple Health and Google Fit. Having said that, I am not able to guarantee that they will work as they were not developed by Fitbit in any way nor do I know what specific app is it that other users have been referring to. Please remember to always be careful of what apps you are granting access to your information.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

When I asked for fitbit app to be installed I was told it was already on device. It was on my iPad but I deleted and not on my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @DavidG2258.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

In this case, are you referring to installing the app on your phone? If so, what phone are you using?

In the meantime please try to follow these steps:

1. Go into the phone's settings.
  2. There, look for the applications' settings.
  3. Next look for the Fitbit app in there, maybe it shows up.
  4. If it does, tap on it and then look for the option to remove the app.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I down loaded Fitbit app to set up Fitbit my device was not listed. I contacted them and they say phone is now being evaluated but a number of months from being accepted. Phone is Samsung Galaxy J3
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DavidG2258.

Thanks for reaching back!

At this time the Galaxy J3 is a supported device. You can click here to read more about it. 

As for the device that was not listed, what device are you referring to? A Fitbit device or some other device?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit bit app was used for Set Up devices listed on this app did not include galaxy J3.I contacted the app and they stated was not compatable at this time but was under study.
Best Answer
0 Votes
ThanksI stayed away from the Samsung watch.  My s9+ does fair running the app.  Nothing is perfect with that.  

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The g4 watch sorry.  Have not switched yet, but the lack of flexibility with the blaze I am tempted.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, you can connect fitbit charge 3 with samsung health with an app called health sync, so it must be achievable the other way around?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you end up doing this?

Considering the same and appreciate your insight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.. Android app call Health Sync can connect samsung health to fitbit or other way around.. you get 7 days free then it's subscription but it's not expensive. Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going to Samsung watch? Yes. Don't get me wrong I love fitbit. But when they introduced the fitbit ionic which is the worst thing they done. Too many bugs too many problems. And what urcks me that they went to make other watches and ignore the feedback and problems with the fitbit ionic and not focusing on the operating system issues and the watch. They're so fixed on sales and trying to compete with apple and Android Market.. It's not going to happen. Stop keeping up with the jones's and focus on the products and how to make them better. So hoped to Samsung. Now as for apps Samsung doesn't really have much to offer. But as for detailed information on your health stats it shows in depth graphs on your watch. You don't need to open the app on your phone. So pros and cons. I still keep my fitbit account open I have a aria scale I use often. Downfall on Samsung health app is you can't scan food barcodes you have to manually input info in. Shop around see whats best for you 

Best Answer

I'll switch back to fitbit once they come out with a better version of the fitbit ionic or something equivalent to it. But ill wait 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can link a gear s3 to Fitbit via healthsync app on googleplay store but don’t delete your tracker from the Fitbit app. Then healthsync will send stats from you Samsung watch to Fitbit app..

Best Answer

Hello , i do challenges with about 8 friends if you want to add me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So Lionheart is allowed to randomly message me, to ask if I'd like to join him FFS. Not only that but it seems everyone that's in a recent post of mine. How dare you Lionheart!! I'm extremely angry about this..

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Wow! Saw a post of someone who said they had nobody to do challenges with. I try to be nice to someone. And their rude back to you. That will be the last time.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

You try to be nice to someone who says they have nobody to do challenges with. And their rude about it. That will be the last time I try to be nice to someone on here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I don’t know what your referring to I never normally go on Fitbit post ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes