Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 Text and calls not vibrating to wrist band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a flex 2 thinking it would be good enough to alert me for texts and calls etc... but the only thing it has vibrated for is to tell me to move!..HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @nikolasburns, good to see you again. Have you tried my early recommendation from this thread? If you haven't take a look at the requirements to enable this feature: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

It's important that your phone is listed as compatible and is able to maintain a constant connection with your tracker. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices.

See you around and take care.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@TruckinNurse wrote:

I just bought a flex 2 thinking it would be good enough to alert me for texts and calls etc... but the only thing it has vibrated for is to tell me to move!..HELP!

Have you enabled the Notifications in the Fitbit app settings for the tracker, and then re-synced it?

Best Answer

Welcome aboard to our Community @TruckinNurse. Indeed, as @USAF-Larry is require you enable your notifications from the Fitbit app. When your mobile device receives a call or text message, your Fitbit Flex 2 vibrates and shows a light pattern to remind you to check your phone.

Confirm that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your mobile device is compatible with this feature, turn your Bluetooth On. Tap on your trackers icon or Account Tab to access to your tracker settings. Here you can enable the notifications available for your tracker.

Call notifications.jpg

Hope this information helps, see you around.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is compatible (thank you for that hint) ...but if i tap on my Bluetooth to try and connect my phone acts like it wont... but yet the app can sync to the flex just fine from my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues as well but all my notifications are set up.

I was receiving them yesterday (first day I bought the Flex2) but today I woke to find the notifications were disabled. I set them up again but now they won't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

my notifications are set up correctly as outlined. I used to receive notifications but after charging it last night they haven't been working. I turned my phone on and off. Changed the settings to off, shut the app, turned blue tooth off, then turned everything back on and it still isn't working. They're always close to each other and no other Bluetooth paired devices near by. I always got consistent notifications with my Charge HR and I really miss that. I rely on it for work calls since I don't hear my phone.  Please help!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for reviewing that your phone is compatible @TruckinNurse and I'm glad to see you have joined to our Fitbit Community @Fitsally and @Jbuehrle.

I'm sorry for not posting anything lately on this thread, but if the issue persists with the call/text notifications, @MarreFitbit has a great post with troubleshooting steps for this situations. Lets take a moment to review and try her suggestions by going to the following post: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

Hope it helps. For anything else let me know! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am also experiencing a problem with my flex 2 notifications. I have made sure all of the settings are enabled (bluetooth, notification settings). Notications are turned on to receive call and text alerts. However, i am ONLY recieveing call alerts. Text alerts are not working. Ive turned the bluetooth off, restarted the phone, turned the bluetooth on & also turned the alerts on and off and i cant get it to work. Please help. This was a gift for a family member and i am very frustrated it is not working properly.

Best Answer

This looks specific. To android but I have an iPhone. Anything out there for that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So maybe I missed this in the meet your Fitbit info... but for me it turns out I was accidentally turning my notifications on and off--if you hold the button on the Fitbit too long, instead of bringing up the main screen it will turn notifications on/off. I was doing this when trying to turn my alarm off in the morning or when turning on the exercise feature (incorrectly... but habit since my old Fitbit tracked exercise by holding the button) maybe that will help you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I currently have this issue as well! Did you ever find a solution? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nikolasburns, good to see you again. Have you tried my early recommendation from this thread? If you haven't take a look at the requirements to enable this feature: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

It's important that your phone is listed as compatible and is able to maintain a constant connection with your tracker. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices.

See you around and take care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a genius!  THANK YOU!! 

THANK YOU!! This worked 🙂

Moderator Edit: Merged two replies in one

Best Answer

Hello @SmallSkinnyLatt, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'm glad to read you were able to resolved the issue you were experiencing.

Please don't forget to visit our Discussion boards and stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem. I bought my Fitbit Flex 2 mid July and unfortunately, about five days ago it stopped vibrating when I was getting texts and calls. I've tried everything that has been suggested in the community forums. How can I contact support, as I am currently travelling in Europe. I will be living in Italy for the next five months as of September 13th. Will they be able to send me a replacement for my Fitbit Flex 2? As I said before, I tried everything to get my fitbit flex 2 to vibrate. I get the light up notifications like the blue and single white colour but no vibrations, even to move or when I pass my step goal! It's very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SamAce5, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. I was reviewing the board and I found your post. After reading your concern I was wondering if you contacted our support team. So  I was happy to reach out to our Support Team and they were able to confirmed that they were working with you and finally you received the  necessary help.

I just wanted to give follow up with you if everything is working fine or if you need more help.

Keep me posted and stay tuned to the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes