Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 won't sync with HTC one M8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It was working fine until this afternoon. My phone is a HTC One M8.

I've attempted the following troubleshooting steps:
- I force quit the Fitbit app and then reopened it.
- I turned off Bluetooth and then turned it back on.
- I rebooted my phone and then opened Fitbit and told it to sync.
- I restarted my tracker.
- I uninstalled my Fitbit app and then reinstalled it.
- When none of that worked, I unlinked my Flex 2 from my account and then attempted to re-link it. When doing so, I got the message "We found your tracker!" But then it gave me the following error message: "Bluetooth issues: If you see this message for the first time, press 'Cancel' and try again. If you continue receiving this message, press 'Restart Bluetooth' to turn Bluetooth off and on." I've done both of these things and it still won't connect.

Other notes: My Flex 2 didn't come with a wireless dongle, so I can't attempt syncing directly to the computer. It's fully charged.

Is it broken? I sure hope not, since it's brand new (I just got it December 28).

EDIT: I found an old wireless dongle from my Flex (that I used before I bought this one) and was able to use that to successfully sync with my computer. My phone app still doesn't work. So perhaps the problem is with my phone's Bluetooth? Regardless, thanks to whoever suggested trying a computer sync in other topics 🙂

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Misalem! Welcome to the Forums. It's great to hear that you managed to sync it through a computer.

Since you have gone through all of those troubleshooting steps, and based on the error message that you kept getting, I'm thinking that the Bluetooth connection between your Flex 2 and your M8 was corrupted in some way. Let's try the following:

1. Access the Bluetooth settings on your phone.

2. On the paired devices list, look for your Flex 2 and delete it.

3. Try to run the setup again on your phone, it should work then.

Please try it and let me know how it goes! 

P.S. Your avatar is awesome! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Misalem! Welcome to the Forums. It's great to hear that you managed to sync it through a computer.

Since you have gone through all of those troubleshooting steps, and based on the error message that you kept getting, I'm thinking that the Bluetooth connection between your Flex 2 and your M8 was corrupted in some way. Let's try the following:

1. Access the Bluetooth settings on your phone.

2. On the paired devices list, look for your Flex 2 and delete it.

3. Try to run the setup again on your phone, it should work then.

Please try it and let me know how it goes! 

P.S. Your avatar is awesome! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

That worked! Thanks very much, Lanuza.

Best Answer

Hey  @Misalem! Very glad to hear that! 

Now you can continue reaching all of your health goals! 

If you have the time, I'd encourage you to visit one of your Discussion boards. There you can talk about a lot of different topics. 

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes