Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex loses charge rapidly and then will not synch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My flex was a gift from my children for my birthday on Saturday, it is less than a week old. Today for the second time I received a vibrating wrist alarm and my flex shutdown, I have had to charge it after a full charge only 4 hours previously. I am now again unable to synch my Fitbit to my android.. I will as I did previously lose all data collected in the time I wore it today.... I'm really disappointed in the reliability issues I'm suffering with what promised to be a fantastic addition to my fitness programme...
How can I stop this from occurring?
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome aboard to our Community @Markbit67. Its terrible what you re experiencing. Considering the description you shared on your post, I can think this was an error in the internal software of your tracker. So my first recommendation would be a restart to correct the problem. 

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert your tracker into the charging cable. 
2. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger. 
3. Press the pinhole for 3-4 seconds. Flex will restart. 
4. If you see lights on your Flex, let it charge for a few hours. 

If the battery still is draining the charge, make sure the charging cable is provide the necessary charge. It possible a faulty charging sources (USB port or plug)—Try a different USB port or UL-certified wall charger. Do not use a USB hub.

Keep me updated how it goes. See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for trying to help but I had to face the embarrassment of asking my children to return my flex (awkward)..... The hard reset didn't work for me, the failure to synch and a subsequent failure to hold charge were just too much 😟

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Markbit67, it's really a bummer to hear this and I can understand the felling. I wish I could have answered you earlier to offer you additional assistance to save you from that awkward moment. I wonder if you contacted customer support regard this issue before?

If you need anything else, I'll be around so keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke to them on line for 40 minutes and when I contacted them again the day after started being told to undertake all the same procedures I had already done...
Maybe the flex is the problem, should I have gone for a higher spec?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes