Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log issues - App crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Numerous issues with food logging:

1) I can add custom foods but when I try to select a searched-for item or pre-existing item, the app crashes.

2) The added items' calorie counts are not totalling or showing up in the daily graphs or on the dashboard 

These issues started occurring a few days ago only. Before last app update for android. Updated app and have restarted phone, issues still remain.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @DBammm, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. Certainly this is not a normal behavior of the app. Lets try the following steps to address this issue:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings and then access to the App manager option of your phone and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and finish this workaround by restarting your phone again. When your phone has initialized again, go back to your app and give it another try.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted how it goes!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @DBammm, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. Certainly this is not a normal behavior of the app. Lets try the following steps to address this issue:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings and then access to the App manager option of your phone and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and finish this workaround by restarting your phone again. When your phone has initialized again, go back to your app and give it another try.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to have done the trick; thank you!

Best Answer

HI there @DBammm, I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved. I invite you to stay tune to the Fitbit Community and visit the Discussion boards to connect with other Community members.

See you around and stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fix did not helped me out; I am using PIxel with Android O

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @FatSal, thank you for joining the Fitbit Community and for visiting this thread. Are you experiencing a similar scenario with Food logs?

Please let me know what is the behavior of the app in your case. Every case is different and perhaps the steps that work for one it won't work for you. So tell me, what you have tried to address the issue and what are the details of the issue you are experiencing? With this information I will be able to give you some additional help.

I recommend making sure that you're updated to the most recent version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.55 and have tried again if you haven't.

See you around and I'll will be looking forward to your response.

Best Answer

Yes the app keeps crashing every time I click on a food to add it to the log; I have the most recent version already in the app store 2.55.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @FatSal, I have this issue recently with a tablet. Was not related to the Fitbit app but perhaps it helps to resolved the app crashing you are experiencing.

- The instructions may vary depending of the mobile phone. Go to your phone settings and access to the - - App manager or Apps.

- Look for the Fitbit app and make sure the app is installed in the internal memory of your phone.

- Clear the data and cache of the app

- Finally Force stopped the app and force quit all the apps you have running in the background.

- Once you have finished tried to go back to the Fitbit app and give it another try.

In my case I was able to fix the issue without the need to uninstall the app. If the issue persists then make sure to sync before to try to uninstall the app and reinstall it again.

See you around and hope this get you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When selecting a food item from a search the app crashes every time.

Running the release version of O on a Pixel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Every time I search for any food item app keeps ceasing. Running Android 8.0 on pixel xl

@SunsetRunner wrote:

When selecting a food item from a search the app crashes every time.

Running the release version of O on a Pixel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this issue as well, exactly as described in the original post. The fix suggested did not work for me. I have a Pixel with Android O and the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution did not worked either:

Screenshot_20170904-163810.png

@RobertoME wrote:

Hi there @FatSal, I have this issue recently with a tablet. Was not related to the Fitbit app but perhaps it helps to resolved the app crashing you are experiencing.

- The instructions may vary depending of the mobile phone. Go to your phone settings and access to the - - App manager or Apps.

- Look for the Fitbit app and make sure the app is installed in the internal memory of your phone.

- Clear the data and cache of the app

- Finally Force stopped the app and force quit all the apps you have running in the background.

- Once you have finished tried to go back to the Fitbit app and give it another try.

In my case I was able to fix the issue without the need to uninstall the app. If the issue persists then make sure to sync before to try to uninstall the app and reinstall it again.

See you around and hope this get you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This unfortunately did not help
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I even just did a factory reset on my phone. No luck, same issue. It appears there is a problem with Android 8.0 and the current version of the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problems with entering food, the app just keeps stopping. I've even cleared date and cache. Please inform me how to rectify this problem. I have a Google pixel and this started happening after updates regards Simon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having same issues this solution does not work 

@RobertoME wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

My food log will only work with recent foods, if I put new in and search the app stops? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. I have cleared everything uninstall and reinstalled nothing  is working to correct this error on the food intake part. Please advise is this Fitbit app or pixel updates. But it's strange it records everything else 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It must be the app as everything else works, I'm getting nowhere very quickly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, Pixel phone users! To prevent duplicate threads, I am closing this thread and would like to direct you all to this floated post here for the app crash issue with logging Foods. I will update that thread when more information becomes available. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer